Old 18-11-2003, 02:42 PM
Mark. Gooley

Default Parody names (stupid joke)

Oh, how I want to be a successful rose hybridizer! (Too
bad I'm too lazy and too disorganized for that.)

I've already posted parody names such as "Unjust Joey."
The idea is to breed roses from a particular well-known
variety, and give the descendants silly names based on its
name. For instance:

Peace: Peace Off, Peace on You, Peace Meal (prone to
apids), Whirled Peace (striped variety)...

But I REALLY want to breed something (if possible: it
may be sterile for all I know) from the Austin rose called
Fisherman's Friend, after the throat lozenge. Why? So that
I can name it...

For Cough

Mark., say it out loud (it's an old joke from Anthony Burgess)

Old 25-11-2003, 12:04 AM
Shiva

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:37:45 GMT, "Mark. Gooley"
wrote:

Oh, how I want to be a successful rose hybridizer! (Too
bad I'm too lazy and too disorganized for that.)

I've already posted parody names such as "Unjust Joey."
The idea is to breed roses from a particular well-known
variety, and give the descendants silly names based on its
name. For instance:

Peace: Peace Off, Peace on You, Peace Meal (prone to
apids), Whirled Peace (striped variety)...

But I REALLY want to breed something (if possible: it
may be sterile for all I know) from the Austin rose called
Fisherman's Friend, after the throat lozenge. Why? So that
I can name it...

For Cough

Mark., say it out loud (it's an old joke from Anthony Burgess)

I like these. Dave and Jim had a go at parody names once.