Old 23-01-2003, 04:01 PM

and this discussion on too much warmth
blithely goes on & on & on.

Brrrrrh!!
Have some consideration people.Heh!

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

LOL! Sorrrry, Theo.

OTOH, do you see any effects of the El Nino winter that the rest of us
are complaining about? Is it -10F after windchill taken into effect or
before?

Hang tough and dream of spring ....

--
Radika
California

Old 23-01-2003, 04:40 PM
dave weil

Default Prune now?

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:01:11 -0600, "Theo Asir"
wrote:

-10F pre wind chill in my backyard.

So here I sit 9:00 AM and the temp
outside is -6F pre windchill

Nino Shmino who the hell cares?
The weather here is so variable
it would not even register.

Sorry I'm a little grumpy right now.
But battling a frozen garage door
for 45 minutes
while the little woman issues
instructions from her warm perch
does not float my boat.

Reminder: Get red roses to make
up for yelling at her. My language
was less than stellar but wass fiery
enough to melt the ice.

Well, here in Nashville, there's an inch of snow on the ground and
it's 8 degrees. That's not counting the wind chill, which is below
zero. It's only going to get up to about 18 degrees today (with gusts
up to 20 mph) and it's going to hover around the 0 level again
tonight. We'll see how the standard fares through this pretty brutal
weather.

Oh yeah, speaking of red roses, I went to have dinner with the
recipient of my red rose and she had it on the table. It was still
unfurling. She commented how fresh it still looked. To me, it was a
shining beacon of my stupidity. As Bart Maverick once said, "Never tip
your hand before you draw your two cards" (Well, I don't know if he
actually said it, but I suspect that he *would* say it if necessary
g). I made sure that I moved it off the table (I had the advantage
of it being a small table and the pre-meal scrabble board took up much
of the table).

You know, it's a shame that "love at first sight" is sometimes a
one-way street. Of course, you have to keep on driving until you find
a way to turn around or it turns into a two way street. I'm still
driving straight ahead. I only hope there isn't a wall ahead or that I
at least find a turnoff first chuckle.
Old 23-01-2003, 05:56 PM
Shiva

dave weil wrote:

Well, here in Nashville, there's an inch of snow on the ground and
it's 8 degrees.

Whoah, 8 degrees! It is in the 30s here but we have about two inches of
snow. It is very windy and will be very cold tonight--ice is almost always
the problem. Much worse is the typical southern snow stupidity--over a
thousand weather-related traffic accidents across the state. How hard is
it to grasp "stock up before and stay home until it thaws."

We'll see how the standard fares through this pretty brutal
weather.

Oo. It isn't even heeled in?? Hope it makes it. I still have some babies
in pots, but they are close enough to the house that I think they'll be
okay. I've reached the point where I don't flip out over them--I had to
kill my first rose to lighten up!

Oh yeah, speaking of red roses, I went to have dinner with the
recipient of my red rose and she had it on the table. It was still
unfurling. She commented how fresh it still looked. To me, it was a
shining beacon of my stupidity.

No, no, no. Well, maybe. But there are women who don't play those games.
In my experience, it has been men who appear to value affection less if it
comes too easily. The thrill of the hunt, you know.

You know, it's a shame that "love at first sight" is sometimes a
one-way street.

Dave, Dave, Dave. Should I ask about the point of origin of this "love?"
Or is that too cynical? I have experienced a bunch of things "at first
sight," but never love. Maybe you're just lucky?!

Of course, you have to keep on driving until you find
a way to turn around or it turns into a two way street. I'm still
driving straight ahead. I only hope there isn't a wall ahead or that I
at least find a turnoff first chuckle.

Don't give her too long. Does she treat you like gold? If not, move on.
This is good behavior time, after all. And there are way too many people
in the world for you to waste your time on anyone who doesn't treat you
fabulously.

Old 23-01-2003, 05:59 PM
Shiva

Theo Asir wrote:

-10F pre wind chill in my backyard.

Did you know that at -15 wind chill one's exposed skin will freeze solid
in 30 minutes?

[...]

Sorry I'm a little grumpy right now.
But battling a frozen garage door
for 45 minutes
while the little woman issues
instructions from her warm perch
does not float my boat.

Well, Theo, marital bliss does have its rough spots. What wouldn't float
my boat is being thought of as "the little woman." I don't think husband 1
or 2 ever did--they sure never had the guts to say it if so, hee hee! I'd
rather get myself off of the warm couch and get the damned door open
myself.

But I do miss my chief rosehole digger.

Buck up! Spring will be here in no time, and meanwhile you can always get
some snuggle time in.

Old 23-01-2003, 07:34 PM
Susan H. Imko

Shiva wrote:

Well, Theo, marital bliss does have its rough spots. What wouldn't float
my boat is being thought of as "the little woman." I don't think husband 1
or 2 ever did--they sure never had the guts to say it if so, hee hee! I'd
rather get myself off of the warm couch and get the damned door open
myself.

My ex made a major mistake when he referred to me as the little woman.
I may not be very tall but I am *not* "the little woman". This idiot
couldn't do anything with his hands - electrical wiring, gardening,
working on a car, maintenance around the house - I did it all. Yet, he
referred to *me* as the little woman. *hmph*

Current partner knows that I'm quite capable and just lets me go. We
have a an unwritten rule around the house - no expectations of the other
person to help with any project one initiates. This works really well
and svaes from lots of hard feelings. Not saying we don't volunteer to
help the other with a project, just no expectations unless the project
is planned out together.

Office is on severe weather policy today so I'm sitting at home. I only
wish I could be outside working in the yard. Hands are itching to do
something but our kitten won't let me do any needle work. He seems to
think needles are things to play with. Last night I caught him chewing
on a hat pin. I still don't know how he was doing it without poking
holes throughout his mouth. (I took it away from him and checked his
mouth.)

Oh well, I guess it's time to play some more with the indoor plants.
I've already put some thai and genovese basil seeds in pots today.

Susan
s h simko at duke dot edu

Old 23-01-2003, 10:12 PM
Theo Asir

Hmm!!

Seeem to have touched a nerve there.

But not that I'd get away with calling her
a little woman too. She's still gets touchy
about the 'wife' label, won't change last
name(not that I care), weaned me off
the female term kinda person.

Now there's another term that gets women going.
Call them 'Female' as in "you're just a female." and
watch the sparks fly. Though women around
here seem to be a lot less sensitive to this than
women on the coasts.

I can counts gaff's & innuendo the rednecks in
my office drop without narry a reaction
from the women. Can't figure that one out.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

"Susan H. Imko" wrote in message
.com...

Old 24-01-2003, 05:11 AM
gruber

Shiva wrote:

Well, Theo, marital bliss does have its rough spots. What wouldn't

float
my boat is being thought of as "the little woman." I don't think

husband
1
or 2 ever did--they sure never had the guts to say it if so, hee hee!

I'd
rather get myself off of the warm couch and get the damned door open
myself.

My ex made a major mistake when he referred to me as the little woman.
I may not be very tall but I am *not* "the little woman". This idiot
couldn't do anything with his hands - electrical wiring, gardening,
working on a car, maintenance around the house - I did it all. Yet, he
referred to *me* as the little woman. *hmph*

Current partner knows that I'm quite capable and just lets me go.

snip

I think this link is appropriate for this discussion

http://tinyurl.com/4tw5

/grubber runs away so he doesn't get hit

Old 24-01-2003, 05:39 AM
Radika Kesavan

gruber wrote:

I think this link is appropriate for this discussion

http://tinyurl.com/4tw5

/grubber runs away so he doesn't get hit

LOL! Back to 1955, eh, grubber?

That *is* quite amusing. I ought to point it out to my husband ;-).

--
Radika
California

Old 25-01-2003, 06:05 AM
Mike

Thanks to everyone who responded. It seemed the general consensus was "it
doesn't matter" so I went ahead and did the deed.

Mike
z8 TX

Old 10-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Registered User

It is a pity, "love at first sight"Sometimes a
One-way street. Of course, you have to continue driving until you find
A way to reverse or turn it into a two way street. I still
Driving straight ahead. I only hope there is no wall in front, or I
Find at least a first laughed off.
__________________
UV Clarifier

Old 18-02-2011, 05:52 AM
Registered User

Timing is determined by the class of the rose plant and the zone in which it is growing. Most rose pruning is done in the spring, with the blooming of the forsythia as a signal to get moving. If you don't have forsythia...
__________________
Canopies | Portable Shelters | Pop Up Canopies
Old 23-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Asir View Post
-10F pre wind chill in my backyard.

So here I sit 9:00 AM and the temp
outside is -6F pre windchill

Nino Shmino who the hell cares?
The weather here is so variable
it would not even register.

Sorry I'm a little grumpy right now.
But battling a frozen garage door
for 45 minutes
while the little woman issues
instructions from her warm perch
does not float my boat.

Reminder: Get red roses to make
up for yelling at her. My language
was less than stellar but wass fiery
enough to melt the ice.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

"Radika Kesavan" wrote in message
Theo Asir wrote:
Enough Already!!!

Here I am living in -10F nightly chills
and this discussion on too much warmth
blithely goes on & on & on.

Brrrrrh!!
Have some consideration people.Heh!

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

LOL! Sorrrry, Theo.

OTOH, do you see any effects of the El Nino winter that the rest of us
are complaining about? Is it -10F after windchill taken into effect or
before?

Hang tough and dream of spring ....

--
Radika