Old 18-03-2004, 04:49 AM
dave weil

Default First buds

Today's the first day that I noticed bud formation. As usual, it's on
Old Blush (Cl).

This is Zone 6b (soon possibly to be Zone 7, but right on the edge of
7).
Old 18-03-2004, 03:30 PM
Theo

dang,

My roses havn't even leafed out yet.

Its been raining so much I can't even get my second dormant
spray in this year.

Was 26 degrees two nights ago.

And they also want to upgrade me to Z6

--
Theo

in KC Z5

Old 18-03-2004, 03:30 PM
dave weil

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:03:17 GMT, "Theo"
wrote:

dang,

My roses havn't even leafed out yet.

Its been raining so much I can't even get my second dormant
spray in this year.

Was 26 degrees two nights ago.

And they also want to upgrade me to Z6

Well, Old Blush is always weeks and weeks ahead of everything else. So
it's not all that big of a deal really.

However, I'll have to say that I'm getting really strong red growth on
my roses. Don Juan especially seems to be really going like
gangbusters.

We got a little rain last night but in general, it's been pretty dry.
This is the start of the rainy season though.

Even though I'm still expecting a couple of frosty nights, I'm doing
the pruning thing. I can't argue with Mother Nature, who seems to want
to get my roses started. Yesterday, I laid down all of my feedings,
with the exception of alfalfa meal, which I don't have on hand. Epson
salts, blood and bone meal and Osmocote went down. I need to get some
good compost as well... Oh yeah, I need to get some fish emulsion as
well...

Old 18-03-2004, 05:10 PM
Mark. Gooley

"dave weil" wrote
[...] Yesterday, I laid down all of my feedings,
with the exception of alfalfa meal, which I don't have on hand.
Epson salts, blood and bone meal and Osmocote went down [...]

Yeah, those Epson salts always make a good impression.
They really imprint the roses with good health.

Mark., sorry, couldn't resist that typo

Old 18-03-2004, 05:15 PM
dave weil

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 11:55:54 -0500, "Mark. Gooley"
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote
[...] Yesterday, I laid down all of my feedings,
with the exception of alfalfa meal, which I don't have on hand.
Epson salts, blood and bone meal and Osmocote went down [...]

Yeah, those Epson salts always make a good impression.
They really imprint the roses with good health.

Mark., sorry, couldn't resist that typo

You had to hew it, didn't ya?

Old 18-03-2004, 05:17 PM
dave weil

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:18:37 GMT, "MT girl"
wrote:

I have a fresh blanket of about 6 inches of snow covering my rose bush.

Actually I'm jealous. No snow to speak of this year. Ironically we
were too far north, as an hour south of us got 8 inches (which isn't
all that common round these parts either...) We got some little flakes
blowing around in the air.

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. We live in an area that
has had early spring snowfalls before.
Old 18-03-2004, 05:17 PM
dave weil

wrote:

I have a fresh blanket of about 6 inches of snow covering my rose bush.

Actually I'm jealous. No snow to speak of this year. Ironically we
were too far north, as an hour south of us got 8 inches (which isn't
all that common round these parts either...) We got some little flakes
blowing around in the air.

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. We live in an area that
has had early spring snowfalls before.

Honeysuckle buds - honeysuckle buds.JPG (1/1) Amos Nomore Garden Photos 1 28-12-2018 03:57 AM
Buds! Buds! NTANTIQUES Roses 21 03-02-2011 04:48 PM
Buds - Buds.jpg Dave Fouchey Garden Photos 4 31-07-2007 02:33 AM
First buds dave weil Roses 0 18-03-2004 04:19 AM
First buds dave weil Roses 0 17-03-2004 11:59 PM