Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
John T. Jarrett

Default Overwintering Citrus Trees

Oh! Well, talking about bring out the plants in the garage reminds me...

I inherited a lemon, a lime and an orange tree in 15 and 20 gallon pots last
year. I missed Thanksgiving dinner in Dallas after I threw my back out
getting them in the garage!

Do they even need to go in the garage? Are they good to Zone 8a in pots? Or
in the ground?

Should have asked this last November :-P

--

John T. Jarrett
http://logontexas.com

Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
animaux

Citrus trees are marginally hardy in any part of Zone 8 (a or b). I keep my lemon
tree in a cold greenhouse. By cold, I mean only heated on nights where it dips below
34 degrees. They will not be able to withstand our ground temperatures in winter in
Austin. Maybe in a microclimate somewhere in a pocket it is possible, but that's
more the unusual, not the norm.

Victoria