Old 05-04-2003, 04:44 AM
Dora Smith

Default how good are neem oil and copper soap?

Home depot had only two plant fungicides; neem oil and copper soap. I got
both of them, because I have doubts about both of them.

The label on the neem oil says it controls both insects and fungus. But on
the web it says it just controls fungus. Does it really control both fungus
and insects - or does it actually control nothing at all? Sometimes those
plant products are everything they are cracked up to be, and sometimes not.

The copper soap looks as if it controls more than neem oil does. It says
it controls bacterial infections. Does it?
Will it do anything for insects?

Yours,
Dora Smith

Old 05-04-2003, 05:20 PM
animaux

http://www.neemfoundation.org/

http://attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/powderymildew.html

There are myriad websites with accredited research both ongoing and complete
with regard to efficacy of copper and neem fungicidal properties. Neem is also
a pesticide and it works by messing with the pest insects' ability to digest and
they die from starvation, in effect.

Old 09-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Mr. Chaos 007

The neem oil is great. I run an Herbal greenhouse and we use it all the
time. We mostly use to deter and change the hormones of grasshoppers. The
grasshoppers stop swarming when sprayed with neem. Neem oil is often used on
fungal problems (roses!) and also other bugs. We really like it and hardly
find the need to use other preps. Also it is ORGANIC and doesn't cause other
problems. Copper is not. You need to use soap or soapnut powder as an
emulsifier with the neem oil.

We also sell neem oil and soapnut at a good price.

Dave
Gardens of the Ancients Herb Hemporium and Nursery
www.gardensoftheancients.com

. ..