Old 04-07-2007, 06:41 AM posted to austin.gardening

Default Wilting drying leaves on grape vines

Hi,

I planted some grape vines last year. They were really healthy until a
few weeks ago when some leaves started to get brown spots. Now a lot of
the leaves have spots, and quite a few leaves have turned all brown and
turns into dust in my hand. Totally dried out. Given the amount ot rain
we've had recently lack of moisture is not the problem. What could it
be? It started as spots, and there's no (visible) bugs involved. I have
very little experience with grapes, so some advice here would be great.

Also, I have noticed these very small ants that populates the growth
area at the tip of the vines. It looks like they are eating/drinking
something there. After a while the ants destroy the tip of the vine and
prevents growth. I guess I could spray the vines, but with what? This is
not the same kind of damage as the drying out wilting leaves.

--
//ceed
Old 04-07-2007, 03:29 PM posted to austin.gardening

ceed wrote:
[...]

A good place to ask this question is
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/T...me-Winemakers/

Lots of grape growers there. You might have to join to read the archives.

--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX