Old 27-07-2007, 04:43 PM posted to austin.gardening

Default Nationwide drought index for July

This is just weird...

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product...ing/palmer.gif

Old 27-07-2007, 04:55 PM posted to austin.gardening

most interesting.
gotta love Texas!

Old 28-07-2007, 05:49 AM posted to austin.gardening

"cat daddy" wrote in message
This is just weird...

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product...ing/palmer.gif

No... Its not.
http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/...ht/palmer.html

Dave

Old 28-07-2007, 01:11 PM posted to austin.gardening

Dave wrote:
"cat daddy" wrote in message

This is just weird...

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product...ing/palmer.gif

No... Its not.
http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/...ht/palmer.html

Dave

explain please
Old 28-07-2007, 03:09 PM posted to austin.gardening

"jOhN" wrote in message
. net...
Dave wrote:
"cat daddy" wrote in message

This is just weird...

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product...ing/palmer.gif

No... Its not.
http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/...ht/palmer.html

Dave

explain please

Yeah, it's a bit difficult to deduce the point he's trying to make.

There is this: "It is possible for a region to experience a long-term
circulation pattern that produces drought, and to have short-term changes in
this long-term pattern that result in short-term wet spells."

For those following along, my statement that it's weird was regarding the
rare "short-term wet spell" we have been experiencing, as well as the severe
drought conditions in the SE.

Old 28-07-2007, 03:42 PM posted to austin.gardening

cat daddy wrote:
"jOhN" wrote in message
. net...

Dave wrote:

"cat daddy" wrote in message

This is just weird...

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product...ing/palmer.gif

No... Its not.
http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/...ht/palmer.html

Dave

explain please

Yeah, it's a bit difficult to deduce the point he's trying to make.

There is this: "It is possible for a region to experience a long-term
circulation pattern that produces drought, and to have short-term changes in
this long-term pattern that result in short-term wet spells."

For those following along, my statement that it's weird was regarding the
rare "short-term wet spell" we have been experiencing, as well as the severe
drought conditions in the SE.

Let's see, 500 year flood, annual average rainfall by mid-year, not
being able to swing a dead cat by the tail without hitting some record
breaking weather event - that's weird in my book

2. Of a strikingly odd or unusual character; strange.
Old 28-07-2007, 04:06 PM posted to austin.gardening

"jOhN" wrote in message
et...
cat daddy wrote:
"jOhN" wrote in message
. net...

Dave wrote:

"cat daddy" wrote in message

[...]

Yep. We may need to bring in a HAL 9000 to see what's wrong with Dave.

Old 29-07-2007, 04:30 AM posted to austin.gardening

"jOhN" wrote in message
. net...
Dave wrote:
"cat daddy" wrote in message

This is just weird...

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product...ing/palmer.gif

No... Its not.
http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/...ht/palmer.html

Dave

explain please

I don't do 200 page explanations. The link was provided as an explanation
of what the OPs link meant. Don't think anyone knew to begin with...
Thanks for the support (sic), Cat Daddy.
Dave