Old 15-09-2007, 11:52 AM posted to austin.gardening

Default Tree memorial

My dear friend's son was killed this week in a horrible auto accident, and I
am looking for something like this in South Austin. Does anyone know of a
program like this in town?

With hope and heart,
Kathleen

Living Tree Donation Program
Plant a tree in tribute
A perfect gift in honor of a wedding, birth, anniversary or other
special occasions, a tree for a city park is also a lasting gift to those
who use the park...and to San Marcos.
Throughout the ages, trees have improved our air quality and
beautified our neighborhoods.
A living tree is the perfect gift choice.

Perfect as a family tree
The planting of a tree can honor the family name and serve as a symbol
of a strong, caring family.
Like the tree, the family spreads its roots as it branches out,
preparing a strong base for future generations.

Choose...a beautiful and healthy tree for planting in a city park or
grove through the program.
The name of your honoree will be prominently recognized at the City of
San Marcos Community Center.

Sponsor...a special tree of your choice. The City will arrange for
the planting as well as tree maintenance.
Tree donations may be tax deductible to the full extent of current
law.

Old 15-09-2007, 02:09 PM posted to austin.gardening

"Kathleen" wrote in message
My dear friend's son was killed this week in a horrible auto accident, and

am looking for something like this in South Austin. Does anyone know of a
program like this in town?

I don't know of such a program locally, but.....

In 2002, the "Austin Mayor's Committee for People With Disabilities" planted
"A memorial tree at a City of Austin park in memory of Justin Dart".
Perhaps someone associated with that committee would know who you could
contact to have a tree planted? The Citywide ADA Coordinator is the liason
to that committee. "The City of Austin has designated Dolores Gonzalez as
the City-wide A.D.A. Coordinator. She and Assistant A.D.A. Coordinator, Lee
Nguyen, can be reached at (512) 974-3256 and (512) 974-1897 respectively."

Old 16-09-2007, 02:57 AM posted to austin.gardening

Thank you so much!
Kathleen

"Steve Wertz" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 04:52:35 -0500, Kathleen wrote:

My dear friend's son was killed this week in a horrible auto accident,
and I
am looking for something like this in South Austin. Does anyone know of
program like this in town?

With hope and heart,
Kathleen

Living Tree Donation Program
Plant a tree in tribute

"For the Love of Christy"

http://www.forlovechristi.org/e-overview.html

2306 Hancock Drive
Austin, Texas 78756
467.2600

-sw

Old 16-09-2007, 02:57 AM posted to austin.gardening

Thank you, I am going to follow up with them.
Kathleen

"suzilem" wrote in message
. ..

"Kathleen" wrote in message
[...]

Advice for selecting memorial tree GrubbyGreen Gardening 3 01-05-2008 05:16 AM
Suggestions for Memorial Tree in San Francisco Tom or Mary Gardening 1 10-09-2005 05:30 PM
Memorial tree plant Rach United Kingdom 7 06-05-2004 01:05 AM
Memorial tree plant Rach Gardening 6 05-05-2004 09:03 PM
MEMORIAL Rose VETLANCO Roses 3 08-02-2003 02:49 PM