Old 20-09-2007, 03:53 AM posted to austin.gardening

Default Ouch

Folks out towards Leander (TX) have probably seen the creature. Was in the
wellhouse, turning on a faucet for a garden hose. Spraying roundup around
the rear yard fenceline. Bejeezus, a big red wasp heading at me. Too.late,
he got me in the right upper forward ear lobe. Managed to swat him down
with my hands and stomped on it. Disconnected the sprayer and watered down
my ear for a minute. Very painful, but no allergic reaction.

Apparently, the red wasp makes a nest similar to the yellow jacket and
destroyed. That, I found in the wellhouse. No yellow jackets. Mud daubers
and mub dauber nest were found left intact.. Hate killing God's creatures
protecting their homes, but its mine too. All I wanted to do was have use
of the water faucet.

Going under the house tomorrow to spray termite preventative on the piers
and subfloor beams. Know there is Daddy long-legs under there, not sure
what else.

What's left of my mediocre garden:
Watermelon, decimated by some fungus.
Jalapenos, please stop making them.
Cantaloupe, should be declared a flowering plant. No show on the fruit.
Dave

FloralDays - ouch! David W.E. Roberts United Kingdom 0 21-04-2006 01:31 PM
Ouch that hurt, Bee stings Ben Gardening 4 15-10-2005 11:47 PM
Help I Lost ("OUCH!" ~Fred Hall) Birthday suit Larry Ponds 0 01-04-2005 11:00 PM
Sandburs... Ouch ! Bobbo Texas 7 18-02-2004 04:05 AM
Ouch !!!! Lotus has thorns claude rogers Ponds 15 09-08-2003 02:37 PM