Old 28-02-2008, 01:55 AM posted to austin.gardening

Default Water

Severe drought, I'll say it aloud my friends.

Comments, especially the hill country people?

I'm hoping for some more isolated low cells to bring rain like last year.

I give the TV weather people the finger everyday now for their pretty
weather assessment.
--
Dave

Old 28-02-2008, 04:03 AM posted to austin.gardening

In article , "Dioclese" NONE
wrote:

Severe drought, I'll say it aloud my friends.

Comments, especially the hill country people?

I'm hoping for some more isolated low cells to bring rain like last year.

I give the TV weather people the finger everyday now for their pretty
weather assessment.

Do a rain dance. :-)

Rain should pick up a bit in April, hopefully...
That's when I generally plant Tomatoes.

I'm seriously considering container gardening them this year in, say, 25
gallon pots. I can keep them watered better by hand so it'd cost me
less, and weed control would be less of an issue too.

I should be able to do 2 vines each in a pot that size.
--
Peace, Om
Remove underscore to validate gmails.

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have
come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
-- Mark Twain
Old 28-02-2008, 09:37 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
deepeddygirl wrote:

Omelet wrote:
In article , "Dioclese" NONE
wrote:

Severe drought, I'll say it aloud my friends.

Comments, especially the hill country people?

I'm hoping for some more isolated low cells to bring rain like last year.

I give the TV weather people the finger everyday now for their pretty
weather assessment.

Do a rain dance. :-)

Rain should pick up a bit in April, hopefully...
That's when I generally plant Tomatoes.

I'm seriously considering container gardening them this year in, say, 25
gallon pots. I can keep them watered better by hand so it'd cost me
less, and weed control would be less of an issue too.

I should be able to do 2 vines each in a pot that size.

Have you had any luck growing them upside down?

Never tried it.
I saw that in another thread on a different list and was considering
looking in to that. If I can save on costs, it would be a good thing!

I've also considered investing in Hydroponics for the long term, when
I've got the current credit card debt paid off. g

My girlfriend is selling
these kits for a fundraiser and I've seen them in Gardener's but I'm not
convinced. I agree with your assessment on doing containers. I have a
fairly small raised bed system with one big and two small beds and I had
to sacrifice them last year when the rain finally stopped.

Raised beds have always saved me on water costs. g

Sucks when a "natural resource" breaks the bank.

Old 29-02-2008, 03:49 AM posted to austin.gardening

Omelet wrote:
In article ,
deepeddygirl wrote:
snip

Sucks when a "natural resource" breaks the bank.

I just ran across some January 2007 NOAA radar captures. Nothing but
rain,rain,rain.

jOhN
Old 29-02-2008, 09:08 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
jOhN wrote:

Omelet wrote:
In article ,
deepeddygirl wrote:
snip

Sucks when a "natural resource" breaks the bank.

I just ran across some January 2007 NOAA radar captures. Nothing but
rain,rain,rain.

jOhN

That was 2007.

Old 16-03-2008, 05:33 PM
Registered User

This site may give some different options.

http://www.greywaterguerrillas.com/c...g_toilets.html

http://propagatingperennials.blogspot.com