Old 06-04-2008, 08:45 PM posted to austin.gardening

Default squirrels digging....

...in all of my outside flowerpots. In the process they break off new
shoots and throw dirt all over the patio. I've read where there is not
any repellent that will work. So any ideas? How about buying some wire
- chickenwire? - and laying it on top of the dirt with cut-outs for the
branches of plants. Will that work, or will they just shove it away and
dig? I already tried spreading mothballs around, and then _I_ couldn't
stand to be around the plants on the patio. I have emphysema and strong
scents bother my breathing.

Linda in San Antonio

P.S. I live in a trailer court and even if I captured the one or two
squirrels bothering my plants there are plenty more that probably would
come.

Old 15-04-2008, 03:14 AM posted to austin.gardening

Thanks.

Hmmm, Daniel Boone I'm not ;-)

Linda

Old 15-04-2008, 02:27 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
wrote:

Thanks.

Hmmm, Daniel Boone I'm not ;-)

Linda

grins

The 2" chicken wire worked to keep them out of my tulip bulbs...

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
-- Jack Nicholson

Squirrels or birds? What's digging up my pumpkin seeds? [email protected] Edible Gardening 3 24-03-2009 10:31 AM
What to do with grey squirrels - M Ogilvie pro hunt nut and extremist, adviser for SNH suggests we should eat squirrels! [email protected] United Kingdom 15 19-10-2007 01:34 AM
Pond Digging 101 BenignVanilla Ponds 13 26-03-2003 09:44 PM
digging dog Alan Holmes Edible Gardening 0 23-01-2003 10:56 PM