Old 10-06-2008, 04:52 PM posted to austin.gardening

Default What is the cost of tomatoes?

I live in South Houston, next to Pasadena & Houston and yesterday I went in
my neighborhood grocery store and saw where the tomatoes went from 50 cents
a pound now to $2 a pound.
The ones still on the vine.
Thank God I am growing my own.

--
Moe Jones
http://www.MoeJones.info

Old 11-06-2008, 03:30 PM posted to austin.gardening

"Moe Jones" wrote in message
I live in South Houston, next to Pasadena & Houston and yesterday I went in
my neighborhood grocery store and saw where the tomatoes went from 50 cents
a pound now to $2 a pound.
The ones still on the vine.
Thank God I am growing my own.

--
Moe Jones
http://www.MoeJones.info

Many Houston reitrees moved here, Wimberley. There's only one grocery store
here. Prices are always higher than at major grocery store chains. At this
local grocery store, they pulled the Romas and unvined tomatoes. The vined
tomatoes remain, and the price is still hovering at $1.99 a pound. No price
change.
--
Dave