Old 13-10-2009, 07:31 PM posted to austin.gardening

Default Chickweed?

I am in west Houston.
The lawns here have weeds that look like chickweed
except the flowers are yellow instead of white.

This is the plant but with yellow flowers:
http://urbanfringe.files.wordpress.c.../chickweed.jpg

IT IS NOT OXALIS !!!
It must be a species of chickweed but cannot find any pics
with yellow flowers.

Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks,
Paul
Old 13-10-2009, 08:03 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article , Paul
wrote:

I am in west Houston.
The lawns here have weeds that look like chickweed
except the flowers are yellow instead of white.

This is the plant but with yellow flowers:
http://urbanfringe.files.wordpress.c.../chickweed.jpg

IT IS NOT OXALIS !!!
It must be a species of chickweed but cannot find any pics
with yellow flowers.

Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks,
Paul

I think that what you are seeing is horseherb
http://www.nativesoftexas.com/horse_herb.htm

Cea
Old 13-10-2009, 08:58 PM posted to austin.gardening

Celeste Evans wrote:
In article , Paul
wrote:

I am in west Houston.
The lawns here have weeds that look like chickweed
except the flowers are yellow instead of white.

This is the plant but with yellow flowers:
http://urbanfringe.files.wordpress.c.../chickweed.jpg

IT IS NOT OXALIS !!!
It must be a species of chickweed but cannot find any pics
with yellow flowers.

Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks,
Paul

I think that what you are seeing is horseherb
http://www.nativesoftexas.com/horse_herb.htm

Cea

That is it exactly!!!!
Thank you very much.
I may transplant some from the sun to the shade while it
is wet out.

Old 16-10-2009, 11:52 AM posted to austin.gardening

In article , Paul
wrote:

Celeste Evans wrote:
In article , Paul
wrote:

I am in west Houston.
The lawns here have weeds that look like chickweed
except the flowers are yellow instead of white.

This is the plant but with yellow flowers:
http://urbanfringe.files.wordpress.c.../chickweed.jpg

IT IS NOT OXALIS !!!
It must be a species of chickweed but cannot find any pics
with yellow flowers.

Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks,
Paul

I think that what you are seeing is horseherb
http://www.nativesoftexas.com/horse_herb.htm

Cea

That is it exactly!!!!
Thank you very much.
I may transplant some from the sun to the shade while it
is wet out.

That stuff has taken over my driveway and front yard at the moment. It
seems to like all this rain!
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Web Albums: http://picasaweb.google.com/home?tab=mq

Subscribe:

Old 20-10-2009, 06:22 PM posted to austin.gardening

Paul wrote:
I am in west Houston.
The lawns here have weeds that look like chickweed
except the flowers are yellow instead of white.

This is the plant but with yellow flowers:
http://urbanfringe.files.wordpress.c.../chickweed.jpg

IT IS NOT OXALIS !!!
It must be a species of chickweed but cannot find any pics
with yellow flowers.

Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks,
Paul

My yard is covered with it too. I'm not sure that I don't like it. At
least my yard is green now-much different than it was this summer!

Old 20-10-2009, 07:51 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
Frank Mancuso wrote:

Paul wrote:
I am in west Houston.
The lawns here have weeds that look like chickweed
except the flowers are yellow instead of white.

This is the plant but with yellow flowers:
http://urbanfringe.files.wordpress.c.../chickweed.jpg

IT IS NOT OXALIS !!!
It must be a species of chickweed but cannot find any pics
with yellow flowers.

Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks,
Paul

My yard is covered with it too. I'm not sure that I don't like it. At
least my yard is green now-much different than it was this summer!

lol So is mine!

It looks rather nice. :-)

Old 20-10-2009, 10:29 PM posted to austin.gardening

Frank Mancuso wrote:
Paul wrote:
I am in west Houston.
The lawns here have weeds that look like chickweed
except the flowers are yellow instead of white.

This is the plant but with yellow flowers:
http://urbanfringe.files.wordpress.c.../chickweed.jpg

IT IS NOT OXALIS !!!
It must be a species of chickweed but cannot find any pics
with yellow flowers.

Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks,
Paul

My yard is covered with it too. I'm not sure that I don't like it. At
least my yard is green now-much different than it was this summer!

LOL!
I wish it would grow in the front yard under the trees.
Its all bare dirt there and the homeowners assoc sends
me nasty letters all the time.

chickweed in new lawn Rob Barrett United Kingdom 9 26-05-2006 09:21 AM
Chickweed Killer pixi Gardening 4 15-12-2004 11:59 AM
Chickweed DRE Gardening 2 30-05-2004 04:02 AM
Chickweed rampit. [email protected] Lawns 2 14-05-2004 07:02 AM
Chickweed Seven United Kingdom 9 23-10-2003 02:14 PM