Old 26-02-2010, 08:56 PM posted to austin.gardening

Default Heirloom tomatoes - Is this group alive?

Looks like all I see is those announcements for seminars, etc.

With Gardens closed for the time being, does anybody now where to get
cool heirloom tomatoes?

Cheers.

Victor, who hopes to finish the veggie bed today.
Old 27-02-2010, 01:39 AM posted to austin.gardening

No shortage of heirloom tomatoes from Seed Savers Exchange. I got my seeds
and have seedlings coming up in the greenhouse.
I know it's a struggle to do something yourself, but I went the extra mile
and entered "heirloom tomato seeds" in a
Google search window and Shazamm!!! It only returned
173,000 hits. So, knowing I was about to pass out from overexertion, I was
barely able to enter "heirloom tomato plants" in another Google search and
thank goodness before I blacked out I managed to see it returned 141,000
hits. I'm whipped from all that research. I need a cocktail.

Old 27-02-2010, 03:25 AM posted to austin.gardening

Victor Martinez wrote:
Looks like all I see is those announcements for seminars, etc.

With Gardens closed for the time being, does anybody now where to get
cool heirloom tomatoes?

Cheers.

Victor, who hopes to finish the veggie bed today.

HEB has several types of heirloom tomatoes.
Maybe you could get the seeds out of one and plant them.
Read up on tomato seeds though. They are special.

heirloom tomatoes in Georgetown Texas and bhn 444 Texaslights Texas 1 28-09-2005 03:44 AM
Heirloom tomatoes. RR Edible Gardening 5 16-08-2005 02:05 PM
Heirloom tomatoes Melba's Jammin' Edible Gardening 5 15-08-2005 07:08 PM
Source of heirloom tomatoes Victor Martinez Texas 21 24-02-2004 07:11 PM
Source of heirloom tomatoes Victor Martinez Texas 0 21-02-2004 03:27 PM