GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Stinkbugs on Tomatoes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/194390-stinkbugs-tomatoes.html)

[email protected] 10-11-2010 05:29 PM

Stinkbugs on Tomatoes

Is there a way go get rid of stinkbugs on my tomatoes?

I have tried Safer Insect Killing Soap and Garden Safe Fungicide 3 but
the bugs ignore them. I spray on the plants and directly on the bugs
but they just fall to the ground and come back later in the day. I am
growing a fall crop of different tomatoes and have been battling the
bugs daily.

Thanks,
Dave

Keith McDorman 11-11-2010 03:42 PM

Stinkbugs on Tomatoes

The most effective method that I've heard of involves a shop vac. You
just walk out to the plants and suck the bugs up. Repeat as often as
necessary until they are all gone. :)

Keith

--
Farm Manager
Urban Patchwork Neighborhood Farms - Austin, TX

office:(512) 662-1854

[email protected] 14-11-2010 10:57 AM

Stinkbugs on Tomatoes

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 07:42:33 -0800 (PST), Keith McDorman
wrote:

The most effective method that I've heard of involves a shop vac. You
just walk out to the plants and suck the bugs up. Repeat as often as
necessary until they are all gone. :)

Keith

Thanks Keith,

That acutally makes a lot of sense and sounds like it would work.