Stinkbugs on Tomatoes

Old 10-11-2010, 05:29 PM posted to austin.gardening

Default Stinkbugs on Tomatoes

Is there a way go get rid of stinkbugs on my tomatoes?

I have tried Safer Insect Killing Soap and Garden Safe Fungicide 3 but
the bugs ignore them. I spray on the plants and directly on the bugs
but they just fall to the ground and come back later in the day. I am
growing a fall crop of different tomatoes and have been battling the
bugs daily.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 11-11-2010, 03:42 PM posted to austin.gardening

The most effective method that I've heard of involves a shop vac. You
just walk out to the plants and suck the bugs up. Repeat as often as
necessary until they are all gone.

Keith

--
Farm Manager
Urban Patchwork Neighborhood Farms - Austin, TX

office512) 662-1854

Old 14-11-2010, 10:57 AM posted to austin.gardening

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 07:42:33 -0800 (PST), Keith McDorman
wrote:

The most effective method that I've heard of involves a shop vac. You
just walk out to the plants and suck the bugs up. Repeat as often as
necessary until they are all gone.

Keith

Thanks Keith,

That acutally makes a lot of sense and sounds like it would work.