Old 12-02-2003, 03:47 PM
God Bless Texas

Default Help in OK

Since the Texans scored their last touchdown, Laura M saw fit to opine:

I want to start landscaping my backyard this spring and put in a small
garden. I live in OK some my weather is not as nice as Austin. Any
ideas
on where to begin, websites to help and or books to read. I would
like to make my yard in two sections -1 for lazing around in and the
other for true gardening (tomatoes, green peppers, cukes etc.) TIA for
your help!

--
Laura Lu

Where in OK?

Some parts are zone 6, some zone 7.

Are you near a city with a nursery that caters to home gardeners? Or
stuck in the western half of the state?

Generally, the local nurseries carry varieties suitable for your region.
Just on a quick Google search, www.thegardenhelper.com seems to be a
good starting point.

--
All Chat no Cattle
Old 17-02-2003, 02:47 PM
Dan

Thought I would chime in here with a few comments-

I am into organic gardening, so my thoughts tend to lean that way, but here
are some suggestions:

For books, I suggest Lasagna Gardening by Patricia Lanza.
Basically, it is a "no till, no digging, no weeding" approach (truly a lazy
gardener's dream). I have tried the approach and it works very well for
me here in Houston.

For web sites (remember I lean toward organic solutions) is www.organicgardening.com.
There is a discussion group section that allows you to post questions and
get answers from others. The only caution is to be careful about mentioning
anything that might be considered "non-organic". Some of the people there
are quite vocal about chemical solutions, but the advice is always good.
(While you are there, you may want to look at the OG magazine or some of
the other books published by Rodale. They have a very good selection of
books on gardening).

Hope this helps and happy gardening.....

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM