Old 28-03-2004, 04:43 PM
Grubber

Default It's time to play 'What is this plant?'

First spring after I moved into my house, one tiny sprig of this stuck out
from under a red tip. I dug up the red tip and the mystery plant has done
well, but I still don't know what it is. Anyone recognize it?

http://tinyurl.com/2fr3z

Old 28-03-2004, 05:03 PM
Grubber

"Grubber" wrote in message
nk.net...
First spring after I moved into my house, one tiny sprig of this stuck out
from under a red tip. I dug up the red tip and the mystery plant has done
well, but I still don't know what it is. Anyone recognize it?

http://tinyurl.com/2fr3z

Bah. Let me try that again.

http://austingarden.freehomepage.com/flower.jpg

Old 28-03-2004, 05:03 PM
Jean Staffen

I don't have a clue, but it sure is pretty! I think I'd take one of the
blooms and a few leaves to a good nursery and ask them what it is. Surely
they would recognize it.

"Grubber" wrote in message
ink.net...
nk.net...

Old 30-03-2004, 01:02 AM
RoyDMercer

It almost looks like a wild rose, however the leaves don't look quite right.
It's hard to tell because the picture is mostly out of focus. You might
closely examine the branches for thorns.

"Grubber" wrote in message
ink.net...
nk.net...

Old 30-03-2004, 03:34 AM
Grubber

"RoyDMercer" wrote in message
It almost looks like a wild rose, however the leaves don't look quite

right.
It's hard to tell because the picture is mostly out of focus. You might
closely examine the branches for thorns.

I had multiple pictures on the first attempt to post, some actually in
focus, but the second place only let me post one, so I posted the one with
the most detail. I probably should take a few more pix.

There are no thorns, there are many 'canes', straight with no branching, all
about 24" tall. It only blooms in the spring. Each bloom is about an inch.

Maybe I'll post the link on a rose ng and see if someone can ID it.

Old 30-03-2004, 04:46 AM
Victor Martinez

It kinda looks like a flowering quince, the foliage certainly looks like it.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he