Old 25-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Nick Worley

Default Removing suckers from cut-leaf alder

What is the best way of removing suckers from a cut-leaf alder?
Can this only be done using herbicides or can it also be done organically?
TIA
Nick

Old 25-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Mike Lyle

Nick Worley wrote:
What is the best way of removing suckers from a cut-leaf alder?
Can this only be done using herbicides or can it also be done
organically? TIA
Nick

Never grown one, but I'd dig down and rip each sucker off the parent
root: simply cutting might encourage regrowth.

--
Mike.

Old 25-07-2005, 05:34 PM
Pam Moore

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 16:38:25 +0100, "Nick Worley"
wrote:

What is the best way of removing suckers from a cut-leaf alder?
Can this only be done using herbicides or can it also be done organically?
TIA
Nick

Surely if you apply herbicide to the suckers you will kill the main
tree also, or is that what you want to do?

Pam in Bristol
Old 03-08-2005, 02:45 PM
Nick Worley

wrote:

What is the best way of removing suckers from a cut-leaf alder?
Can this only be done using herbicides or can it also be done organically?
TIA
Nick

Surely if you apply herbicide to the suckers you will kill the main
tree also, or is that what you want to do?

Thanks for your replies.
I'm not a gardening bod myself (I was asking on behalf of someone without
internet access) -- I'll query the herbicide thing & post back.
Regards
Nick