Sterilising Soil in Greenhouse

Old 01-08-2005, 05:13 PM

Location: Bridport, Dorset
Default Sterilising Soil in Greenhouse

Hi Folks,

I have a 12 X 10 greenhouse. Every year I grow Tomatoes, Cucumbers Peppers etc. I top up the two growing borders every year with 3 or 4 bags of multipurpose compost.

I would like to sterilise the soil this year after the growing season is over i.e. October November, ready for planting out next year.

I would be grateful for any advice on how to do this.

Thanking you in anticipation

Drew
__________________
Loch Sloy
This I'll Defend
Old 02-08-2005, 01:12 PM
cineman

This autumn drench soil with jeyes fluid, diluted as it says on can, cover
with black polythene for a couple of weeks then lift, open door/vents and
allow smell to disperse.
best practice is to change the soil in greenhouse borders every teo or three
years this allows you to get rid of any disease building up in the soil.

hope this helps
regards
Cineman
news

--
Drew

Medina, soil activator (Molasses?) Brian Clifton Texas 2 31-03-2011 05:20 AM
Microelemnts Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 17 29-11-2004 03:22 PM
Xeriscape Gardening News #40 - Xeriscaping Across the U.S. animaux Texas 0 04-03-2003 09:16 PM
Xeriscape Gardening News #40 - Xeriscaping Across the U.S. animaux Gardening 0 04-03-2003 09:15 PM
Soil, Pots, and Aeration? Brent Walston Bonsai 0 01-03-2003 07:28 PM