Old 01-08-2005, 06:13 PM
Registered User

Location: Bridport, Dorset
Default Sterilising Soil in Greenhouse

Hi Folks,

I have a 12 X 10 greenhouse. Every year I grow Tomatoes, Cucumbers Peppers etc. I top up the two growing borders every year with 3 or 4 bags of multipurpose compost.

I would like to sterilise the soil this year after the growing season is over i.e. October November, ready for planting out next year.

I would be grateful for any advice on how to do this.

Thanking you in anticipation

Drew
__________________
Loch Sloy
This I'll Defend
Old 02-08-2005, 02:12 PM
cineman

This autumn drench soil with jeyes fluid, diluted as it says on can, cover
with black polythene for a couple of weeks then lift, open door/vents and
allow smell to disperse.
best practice is to change the soil in greenhouse borders every teo or three
years this allows you to get rid of any disease building up in the soil.

hope this helps
regards
Cineman
news

--
Drew

Sterilising soil No Name United Kingdom 18 09-11-2012 07:14 PM
Sterilising water butt Pam Moore United Kingdom 4 12-07-2005 06:56 PM
Sterilising compost? Alan Holmes United Kingdom 8 25-05-2005 10:32 AM
Sterilising garden Pablo Emerius Texas 1 17-07-2004 06:10 AM
[IBC] Sterilising pots? Nicolas Steenhout Bonsai 14 28-07-2003 08:02 AM