Old 06-09-2005, 01:49 PM
Registered User

Smile Help, i'm a novice....need your help!

Hi all,

I am hoping to buy a 'special' gift for my father in law. He is a keen gardener and lover of all flowers. Thing is, i would like to buy him a special, rare or unique flower seed? Something he can grow in his garden in the english climate? Something he'll be VERY impressed by and a flower which will blossom into something beautiful and unique.

Is an orchid a good choice, or are they too common? My budget is £15 (please don't laugh if this is a silly amount), and even if this single seed cost £15 then so be it, i just want it to be rare and unique - any ideas? Plus, where i can get it from must help too! (Internet order or garden centre).

Thanks all!

GG
Old 06-09-2005, 04:20 PM
p.k.

genuingal wrote:
Hi all,

I am hoping to buy a 'special' gift for my father in law.

try http://www.edirectory.co.uk/chiltern...?companyid=211

RICINUS COMMUNIS VAR. ZANZIBARENSIS, - but note very poisonous seed (Ricin
poison!!)

or a selection of Bananas (musa in the catalogue)

but there are loads of other rarities in there - have fun searching.

pk