Old 30-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Registered User

Default Conifer going brown

Can anyone please offer any advice regarding my potted conifer which has started to go brown and brittle. Its not all over, just at the back of the conifer which faces the wall. What if anything can I do to restore it to its original lovely green condition.
Many thanks
Sarah
Old 30-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Glittery Gary

"LancashireLassy" wrote in
message ...

--
LancashireLassy

cats p1ss.........it's now dead.

Old 30-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Emrys Davies

"LancashireLassy" wrote in
message ...

Can anyone please offer any advice regarding my potted conifer which

has
started to go brown and brittle. Its not all over, just at the back of
the conifer which faces the wall. What if anything can I do to restore
it to its original lovely green condition.
Many thanks
Sarah

--
LancashireLassy

Move it away from the wall and turn it to face the sun. Make sure that
it is kept moist and is fed regularly. Is the pot large enough for a
conifer of its size?

Another point to consider is whether the damage is indicative of a cat
or fox marking their territory. Sometimes there is a tell-tale odour,
if that is the case.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 30-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Bob Hobden

Sarah wrote

Can anyone please offer any advice regarding my potted conifer which has
started to go brown and brittle. Its not all over, just at the back of
the conifer which faces the wall. What if anything can I do to restore
it to its original lovely green condition.

Conifers do not like to be shaded and one next to a wall will always die
back on that side, they do the same if you allow another plant to grow next
to them. If there is no green showing then that bit is dead and will never
regrow.

--
Regards
Bob

Old 30-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Moo

Conifers do not like to be shaded and one next to a wall will always die
back on that side, they do the same if you allow another plant to grow

next
to them. If there is no green showing then that bit is dead and will never
regrow.

--
Regards
Bob
In Runnymede, 17 miles West of London

Does this mean that my 6ft tall neighbours conifers would "die" if I placed
wooden fence along my side of the border against the conifers ?

Moo

Old 30-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Registered User

Thankyou for your replies... don`t think its cats as it would have to aim upwards... will re pot it and continue feeding it.
Thanks
Old 30-08-2005, 10:10 PM
Jebediah Springfield

Moo wrote:
::: Conifers do not like to be shaded and one next to a wall will always die
::: back on that side, they do the same if you allow another plant to grow
::: next to them. If there is no green showing then that bit is dead and
::: will never regrow.
:::
::: --
::: Regards
::: Bob
::: In Runnymede, 17 miles West of London
:::
:: Does this mean that my 6ft tall neighbours conifers would "die" if I
:: placed a
:: wooden fence along my side of the border against the conifers ?
::
::
:: Moo

Only the side that was touching your fence, their side would be largely
unnafected.

--
http://www.francecarp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Old 31-08-2005, 10:59 AM
Glittery Gary

"LancashireLassy" wrote in
message ...

Thankyou for your replies... don`t think its cats as it would have to
aim upwards... will re pot it and continue feeding it.
Thanks

--
LancashireLassy

you have obviously never seen a cat scenting, when we have visitors, with
cars, our neighbours cat can get it half way up the