Old 23-11-2005, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stevej

Default mini lemon tree

Hi

Doe's anyone know if you can get and grow a mini lemon tree inside, and what
the growth rates are likely to be ?

MTIA
Steve

Old 23-11-2005, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
middleton.walker

"stevej" wrote in message
Hi

Doe's anyone know if you can get and grow a mini lemon tree inside, and
what the growth rates are likely to be ?

MTIA
Steve

Do not know about the growth rate but definitely can be grown indoors with
enough light.....just about anything can be grown indoors with enough space,
light and warmth etc......H

Old 23-11-2005, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Shazam

I have one in a pot outdoors from last year along with some grapefruits.
they're about 6 ins tall, I originally intended trying bonsai with them.
Don't know what to do with them at the moment. I suppose best bring them
into the ghouse. Perfectly possible!

Old 23-11-2005, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stevej

I had wondered if the roots could be trimmed to keep it from over-growth, I
presume that's what you meant by 'trying bonzai'

reenews.net...

Old 23-11-2005, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "stevej" contains these words:

Doe's anyone know if you can get and grow a mini lemon tree inside,
and what
the growth rates are likely to be ?

Yes. Plant a lot of lemon seeds in mixed peat and sharp sand and during
germination water at least twice with added fungicide.

Some of the pips will grow into large trees, others will be very slow.
(Some I planted two years ago hve grown to four feet, and are covered in
vicious spines, while others are still less than a foot high, and have
no spines at all. They do well outside most of the year, but dislike
cold, and a hard frost is likely to kill them.

Restrict the roots and the smaller trees will not reach any great size.

Get info' on Bonsai culture.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/