Cutting back a Pennisetum?

Old 08-04-2006, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cutting back a Pennisetum?

I have 4 of these the only name on the label is Pennisetum so do not
know the full name. It's green in the summer and gone brown during
autum and summer. I'm gonna plant these soon do they need cutting back
at all, or should i leave the new growth just to over take the old
growth?

These are in pots at the moment.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"htmark98" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have 4 of these the only name on the label is Pennisetum so do not
know the full name. It's green in the summer and gone brown during
autum and summer. I'm gonna plant these soon do they need cutting back
at all, or should i leave the new growth just to over take the old
growth?

These are in pots at the moment.

There are a few green ones all of which AFAIK are very similar.
I too have an ordinary clump of this stuff which is usually cut back by a
neighbour who uses them for flower arranging. She cut them sometime last
month but I guess you could cut them back to ground level any time you want.