Old 22-04-2006, 07:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NC

Default sweet basil & tumbler toms

I have potted on my tumbler toms to 3" pots and they are coming on
nicely. Some of you may remember that I had problems with some of the
original seedlings, and as a result I have another batch hot on the
heals of the few I have potted on.
I also have some sweet basil seedlings which have all now grown a good
set of first 'proper' leaves. These are planted individually in the
cells of seed trays/
My eventual plan is to plant out the toms and the basil together into a
couple of hanging baskets - they would seem to be the perfect partners.
However, should I group the sweet basil when I pot them on, or leave
them individual ?

If the latter, am I better off potting them on individually and then
putting several basil plants in with each tumbler plant ?

If the former, and I group them when potting on, should I then plant one
'group' in with each tumbler plant, or several ??

I will likely have only 2 hanging baskets (maybe 3 if I can find space),
each with either one or two tumbler plants (any thoughts on this?). I
currently have approx 20 basil seedlings that are doing well, and will
have about 15 tumbler plants which I will chose the best from and then
pass the others to the neighbours.

--
Neil. Ipswich, Suffolk. Beginner !

Sweet Basil Jimmy Edible Gardening 16 29-06-2006 08:59 AM
Tumbler Toms The Grate Denini United Kingdom 8 27-05-2004 05:45 PM
Tumbler Tomato question... The Grate Denini United Kingdom 5 04-05-2004 03:08 PM
Letting Basil Go To Seed (was: Keeping Basil) Daniel B. Martin North Carolina 1 13-11-2003 01:14 PM
Sweet Basil John S. DeBoo Edible Gardening 7 16-06-2003 05:20 AM