Old 09-04-2012, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default The wet stuff

Well it had to happen, the rain has come back, the nice steady soft
type that will have the weeds shooting up all over the place in the
next few days.
Puddles all over the track but at least it's not running all over the
place, so should be soaking in and doing some good.
Saves me having to water the outside plants, and lets me get on with
the dahlia cuttings, pity my back wont take the work like it used to.
I get a pain under my left shoulder blade, so no form of support belt
will help.
David @ the wet end of Swansea Bay
Old 09-04-2012, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 2012-04-09 12:46:49 +0100, Dave Hill said:

Well it had to happen, the rain has come back, the nice steady soft
type that will have the weeds shooting up all over the place in the
next few days.
Puddles all over the track but at least it's not running all over the
place, so should be soaking in and doing some good.
Saves me having to water the outside plants, and lets me get on with
the dahlia cuttings, pity my back wont take the work like it used to.
I get a pain under my left shoulder blade, so no form of support belt
will help.
David @ the wet end of Swansea Bay

Time for an apprentice, David? Is there a horticultural college near
you where there are students looking for work experience or day release
work? * *It's steady, fine rain here today. *The gravel under the cars
isn't wet but it's a gloomy, grey, windy and horrible day. *Amazingly,
while the nursery has had quite a few customers the tea room has been
packed to the rafters since it opened. *I think people who would go
round NT gardens, walk on the moors, take a picnic to the beach etc.,
have decided that the only antidote is a nice lunch somewhere and
forget the horrible weather!
Even the birds are trying to escape it. *I just found a tree creeper in
our bedroom!
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.comwww.hillhousenurseryt earoom.com
South Devon

An apprentice,
I wish.
I made enquieries about the Modern aprentice scheme a few years ago
but No good, they had to be supervised at all times, so if I had toi
go out they were not alowed to do anything.
I could train a blind preson in 16 weeks to cross a busy main road in
the middle of town, when I was working as a Mobility officer for the
blind, but I couldn't train a 21 year old to hold a hosepipe un-
supervised in less than 2 years.
Then I aproached a train agency about having someone on placement and
was told they would love to place someone with me, If I could just do
this, this, this and this, I said to them that if I could do Tha,
that, that and that then I wouldn't need anyone to work for me.
Then there is Elfin safety, all paths and tracks should be smooth, and
free from obstacles, provision for a warm and dry work place etc etc,
I'd be left doing the hard work out in the wet and cold.
It would be easier to pack up and retire
David @ the wet but now rain free end of Swansea Bay.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 2012-04-09 12:46:49 +0100, Dave Hill said:

[...]

I wouldn't call it "gloomy" or "horrible" - we need this rain and if
we have to tolerate a bit of grey cloud and wind (which is more a
gentle breeze here, I admit) then so be it. With the accumulated dust
in the air being washed out, we'll probably moan a lot more when the
rain stops and we find all the dusty streaks on the windows, cars and
the like. But the place will be a bit fresher and greener for it. And
in the meantime, there are all those indoor jobs to catch up on.

Oh, hang on a bit. Indoor jobs include the accumulated ironing....

I wish the rain would stop :~)))))

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the nicely warm but wet east end
of Swansea Bay.- Hide quoted text -

Ironing Jake?
Just hang them up outside and the moisture will remove the creases.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 07:30:06 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

David @ the wet but now rain free end of Swansea Bay.

Still raining nicely at the dry end.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Old 10-04-2012, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jake wrote in
:

wrote:

David @ the wet but now rain free end of Swansea Bay.

Still raining nicely at the dry end.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the nicely warm but wet east end
of Swansea Bay.

Well I for one have had enough of it! Rain and cold that is.

No frost but it's windy and that monkey is still looking for a welder.Hats,
gloves and overcoats are the order.

Standing water on the lawns, and starting to flood my beloved first early
potato patch. We have light soil so that is a bit scary.(underneath this
could be clay)

We will just have to wait and see what happens. As always.

The plus side is that this wet weekend has forced me to give my attention
to some unfinished projects like a 1967(F reg) BSA Bantam/D14/4 and a silly
1968(also F reg) hairdryer known as a Lambretta SX200(225 now). They are
all restored mechanicly wise but need a coat of period spray to make them
lookers. As they came off of the production line.

Baz

Old 10-04-2012, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 12:20:09 GMT, Baz wrote:

Jake wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

Today it's dry, sunny and warm enough that I'm only wearing a thickish
shirt (on the top half that is!). Popped in for a late lunch and now
back out to sort my dahlias and get on top of the weeding again
(surprising how many of the little blighters pop up after rain!).

But everything is looking nice and green again. Daffs have finally
gone over but the bluebells have put on a spurt and taken their place.

Didn't know you were a bike enthusiast on top of everything else. You
won't get me on anything with less than 4 wheels these days.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the sunny and refreshingly green
east end of Swansea Bay.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote in
:

When I saw the MZ I lost interest.

Birmingham Small Arms (BSA) have had NO dealings (despite your links) with
the Kraut. BSA produced many things to repel the hun though.

I don't want to appear anti-German, but the *******s deserve their
reputation, they raped and tortured. And sent innocent jewish people to
their shitty gas chambers.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

David @ the wet but now rain free end of Swansea Bay.

Still raining nicely at the dry end.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the nicely warm but wet east end
of Swansea Bay.

I'm inbetween two stools :-)

Bill

Old 10-04-2012, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

David @ the wet but now rain free end of Swansea Bay.

Still raining nicely at the dry end.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the nicely warm but wet east end
of Swansea Bay.

I'm inbetween two stools :-)

Bill

Well I listen to Classicfm and according to them, if there is blood on them,
see your Doctor reference Bowel Cancer

Best wishes and good luck

Mike

Old 10-04-2012, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 17:12:22 +0100, "Bill Grey"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

David @ the wet but now rain free end of Swansea Bay.

Still raining nicely at the dry end.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the nicely warm but wet east end
of Swansea Bay.

I'm inbetween two stools :-)

Bill

In that case you really ought to get a cleaner in Or maybe see your
doctor?

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the sunny and refreshingly green
east end of Swansea Bay.

Wet, wet, wet David Hill United Kingdom 54 22-12-2012 03:28 PM
Wet, Wet, Wet Dave Hill United Kingdom 3 21-11-2011 11:14 PM
Evergreen recommendation for Portland, OR (wet, wet, wet) Jadene Mayla Lawns 0 27-06-2011 08:27 PM
Evergreen recommendation for Portland, OR (wet, wet, wet) Jess Lawns 0 24-04-2011 04:08 PM
Wet, Wet, Wet David Hill United Kingdom 16 06-02-2004 03:49 PM