Old 16-04-2003, 12:44 AM
Steve S

Default Lawn fertilizer problem

Hi ,

I have just used this spreader to distribute Evergreen feed and weed on my
lawn. The fertilizer was weighed out for the correct amount for the size of
my lawn at 35g per square meter.

I am now concerned ...... the spreader distributed its full load on half
the area.

1. Is the Evergreen Maxi spreader the incorrect one to use ( 35g per square
metre )?
2. Have I now damaged my lawn by in effect doubling the dose? If so is there
anything I can do to remedy the situation?

Any help on the above would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

Old 16-04-2003, 07:20 PM
pied piper

"Steve S" wrote in message
Hi ,

I have just used this spreader to distribute Evergreen feed and weed on my
lawn. The fertilizer was weighed out for the correct amount for the size

of
my lawn at 35g per square meter.

I am now concerned ...... the spreader distributed its full load on half
the area.

1. Is the Evergreen Maxi spreader the incorrect one to use ( 35g per

square
metre )?
2. Have I now damaged my lawn by in effect doubling the dose? If so is

there
anything I can do to remedy the situation?

Any help on the above would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

just water it in well how did u come up with 35g per m2 and how did you
work it out with your spreader?

Old 18-04-2003, 01:44 PM
Steve S

Sorry for the delay in answering your question.

35g per sqr metre is as per instructions on the fertilizer packaging.

Then measured lawn .... weighed out the appropriate ammount for the area and
tipped it in the spreader.

But evergreen maxi spreader does not distribute it at the above rate ....

Steve

Old 18-04-2003, 04:56 PM
pied piper

"have u not got a regulator u can adjust on your spreader

Old 18-04-2003, 05:45 PM
Steve S

No on this Evergreen Maxi .......
Should it have one ?

Is there a good spreader you recommend ?

Thanks for any help

Steve

Old 19-04-2003, 07:32 AM
pied piper

pied piper wrote in message

"have u not got a regulator u can adjust on your spreader

go to any garden centre and get a spreader

Old 19-04-2003, 12:08 PM
pied piper

"Steve S" wrote in message
Hi ,

I have just used this spreader to distribute Evergreen feed and weed on my
lawn. The fertilizer was weighed out for the correct amount for the size

of
my lawn at 35g per square meter.

I am now concerned ...... the spreader distributed its full load on half
the area.

1. Is the Evergreen Maxi spreader the incorrect one to use ( 35g per

square
metre )?
2. Have I now damaged my lawn by in effect doubling the dose? If so is

there
anything I can do to remedy the situation?

Any help on the above would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

would be a good idea to do the other half of the lawn