Old 01-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Registered User

Default PETITION to the PM re more allotments

Hi guys,

Here is a link to a petition set up by a lady who has a plot on a site where half of the site was taken over by a neighbouring golf course! I'd like to see it as the petition with the most signatures by it's deadline, which is 20th May.

Perhaps you could make this a 'sticky' till then admin?

Hope you will all take a look and put your names to it:
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/allotments/

Lois
Old 01-01-2007, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Lois Pallister wrote:
Hi guys,

Here is a link to a petition set up by a lady who has a plot on a site
where half of the site was taken over by a neighbouring golf course!
I'd like to see it as the petition with the most signatures by it's
deadline, which is 20th May.

Perhaps you could make this a 'sticky' till then admin?

Hope you will all take a look and put your names to it:
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/allotments/

Lois

There is no admin here, nor are there 'stickies', whatever the hell they
are...this is a newsgroup, not a website, google for newsgroups and you
might find out something.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Phil L wrote:
Lois Pallister wrote:
Hi guys,

Here is a link to a petition set up by a lady who has a plot on a
site where half of the site was taken over by a neighbouring golf
course! I'd like to see it as the petition with the most signatures
by it's deadline, which is 20th May.

Perhaps you could make this a 'sticky' till then admin?

Hope you will all take a look and put your names to it:
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/allotments/

Lois

There is no admin here, nor are there 'stickies', whatever the hell
they are...this is a newsgroup, not a website, google for newsgroups
and you might find out something.

It's yet another incomer from Garden Banter who 'thinks' it is a web based
forum

I make a policy of plonking all garden banter posters i spot!

(And all who contibute to multiple cross posted messages!)

pk

Old 02-01-2007, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"p.k." wrote in message
Phil L wrote:
Lois Pallister wrote:
[...]

WELL DONE!!

January 2nd and the first swipe at Garden Banter

Happy New Year to all readers of uk.rec.gardening, even those of you who
have an interest in growing things in the earth and have come via Garden
Banter

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 02-01-2007, 08:46 AM
Registered User

Well so sorry to have offended you.
But if this newsgroup contains people who grow their own vegetables within the UK, some of whom do so on an allotment, I would have thought that this petition would be one they would want to put their name to.

Really didn't want to offend anyone
Lois

Old 02-01-2007, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Lois Pallister" wrote in message

Well so sorry to have offended you.
But if this newsgroup contains people who grow their own vegetables
within the UK, some of whom do so on an allotment, I would have thought
that this petition would be one they would want to put their name to.

Really didn't want to offend anyone
Lois

The truth is that the 'owners', they are the people who have been here since
Adam was in the Garden, don't like Garden Banter and you came via that site.

That's all there is to it :-((

In the words of Fraser, "You were doomed from the start"

(They don't like allotments either)

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 02-01-2007, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Lois Pallister" wrote in message

Well so sorry to have offended you.
But if this newsgroup contains people who grow their own vegetables
within the UK, some of whom do so on an allotment, I would have thought
that this petition would be one they would want to put their name to.

Really didn't want to offend anyone

But had you posted with a valid isp no one would have been offended.

I do not understnd what this garden banter thing is anyway,why don't you
access newsgroups properly?

Alan

Lois

--
Lois Pallister

Old 02-01-2007, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Lois Pallister" wrote in message

Well so sorry to have offended you.
But if this newsgroup contains people who grow their own vegetables
within the UK, some of whom do so on an allotment, I would have thought
that this petition would be one they would want to put their name to.

Really didn't want to offend anyone
Lois

I'd sign the petition Lois, but I am not a UK resident............
Jenny

Old 02-01-2007, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Lois Pallister" wrote in
message ...

Well so sorry to have offended you.
But if this newsgroup contains people who grow their own vegetables
within the UK, some of whom do so on an allotment, I would have thought
that this petition would be one they would want to put their name to.

Really didn't want to offend anyone

But had you posted with a valid isp no one would have been offended.

I do not understnd what this garden banter thing is anyway,why don't you
access newsgroups properly?

Alan

So why join in with the 'We don't like Garden Banter' group?

Does it matter? He is a gardener and interested in gardening. Where is the
fault there?

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 04-01-2007, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
Petitions are a waste of time, they are usually ignored and consume the
organisers energy that would normally be used to organise demonstrations.

This petition is special though. Never seen this before - it comes
directly from number 10 and will get straight to Tony. Also it saves on
trees ... ;o)

Old 04-01-2007, 11:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
and it helps if you are extremely gullible :-)

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/list/open?cat=616
"Introduce televised capital punishment for the following. 1. The losing
housemates from television's "Big Brother". 2. The losing "artists" from the
final stages of television's "X-Factor" and "Pop Idol". 3. The celebrities who
are eliminated from television's "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here" "

NOOoooo. You're joking aren't you?! Are the above 'petitions' on the
same site? Going to number 10? Hope I haven't signed for this too ....

Old 05-01-2007, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 14:12:19 +0100, Martin wrote:

On 4 Jan 2007 15:57:00 -0800, "La Puce" wrote:

Martin wrote:
and it helps if you are extremely gullible :-)

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/list/open?cat=616
"Introduce televised capital punishment for the following. 1. The losing
housemates from television's "Big Brother". 2. The losing "artists" from the
final stages of television's "X-Factor" and "Pop Idol". 3. The celebrities who
are eliminated from television's "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here" "

NOOoooo. You're joking aren't you?! Are the above 'petitions' on the
same site?

Yes! The full list is here http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/list

Going to number 10? Hope I haven't signed for this too ....

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/juggle/
"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to stand on his head and juggle
ice-cream." 2351 have signed this petition. Probably all London ice cream
salesmen.
--

Martin

There are some kooky petitions but many are serious, with lots of good
ideas that I wouldn't have thought of. The most popular at the present
time is one against vehicle tracking and road pricing policy, now with
well over 100,000 signatures and very rapidly increasing! However,
many other petitions relate to a wide range of everyday-life issues.
If you look at the list of "closed petitions" which have reached the
deadline that the originator of the petition applied, there are some
that have received feedback, presumably from the civil servants
associated with No 10. Whether any of this will make a difference to
government decisions is a moot point, but it is a new way (government
sanctioned) in which the strength of opinions of those people visiting
the website can be registered with the powers that be. Hopefully, that
can't be a bad thing, since most professions these days in many walks
of life (outwith government) require soliciting opinions and feedback
from those whom they serve as an essential part of their efficient
functioning. At least this site is transparent in showing how popular
is the support for each and every petition.

Geoff
Old 07-01-2007, 12:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
Yes! The full list is here http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/list

"To allow the sale of elephants in pet shops". g

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/juggle/
"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to stand on his head and juggle
ice-cream." 2351 have signed this petition. Probably all London ice cream
salesmen.

))

"Replace the national anthem with 'Gold' by Spandau Ballet". You can't
find more British than that.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
"Replace the national anthem with 'Gold' by Spandau Ballet". You can't
find more British than that.

Spandau LOL

I know!!!! Ignorance is a funny thing - though the Royals wouldn't have
a proplem with that word ;o)

Old 08-01-2007, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

Martin wrote:
"Replace the national anthem with 'Gold' by Spandau Ballet". You can't
find more British than that.

Spandau LOL

I know!!!! Ignorance is a funny thing - though the Royals wouldn't have
a proplem with that word ;o)

Whilst you are at it, for what good they are, replace the Royals with
Spandau Ballet.

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk