Old 26-04-2007, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Burghley House

Have just read in Country Life that the new Garden of Surprises at Burghley
House is opening on 27th April. It boasts 30 striking water features,
including water jets, a house furnished with water, a mirror maze and
revolving busts of the caesars. Wonder if it's got any plants. ;-)
Hmmmmmmmm!
www.burghley.co.uk
Does anyone live near there who could report back?
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 26-04-2007, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote and asked:
Have just read in Country Life that the new Garden of Surprises at
Burghley
House is opening on 27th April. It boasts 30 striking water features,
including water jets, a house furnished with water, a mirror maze and
revolving busts of the caesars. Wonder if it's got any plants. ;-)
Hmmmmmmmm!
www.burghley.co.uk
Does anyone live near there who could report back?

---
Yes Sacha, I do, and it's well worth a visit. Whilst you're there, why not
drop in to Stamford's George Hotel for lunch, then it's only three miles
up the road to Geoff Hamilton's Barnsdale. Now that IS worth a visit!

MikeCT

Old 26-04-2007, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/4/07 15:47, in article , "MikeCT"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote and asked:
Have just read in Country Life that the new Garden of Surprises at
Burghley
House is opening on 27th April. It boasts 30 striking water features,
including water jets, a house furnished with water, a mirror maze and
revolving busts of the caesars. Wonder if it's got any plants. ;-)
Hmmmmmmmm!
www.burghley.co.uk
Does anyone live near there who could report back?

---
Yes Sacha, I do, and it's well worth a visit. Whilst you're there, why not
drop in to Stamford's George Hotel for lunch, then it's only three miles
up the road to Geoff Hamilton's Barnsdale. Now that IS worth a visit!

MikeCT

Noted for the Tour of Britain which, at this rate, is going to take three
months, not one! Many thanks for the info and recommendation. Are you
planning to go to Burghley to let us know what it's like? ;-)

Old 26-04-2007, 09:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote:

Noted for the Tour of Britain which, at this rate, is going to take three
months, not one! Many thanks for the info and recommendation. Are you
planning to go to Burghley to let us know what it's like? ;-)
--
Sacha

---
Yes, I might just do that, if I can fight my way through the day trippers.

MikeCT

Old 26-04-2007, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/4/07 21:19, in article ,
"MikeCT" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote:

Noted for the Tour of Britain which, at this rate, is going to take three
months, not one! Many thanks for the info and recommendation. Are you
planning to go to Burghley to let us know what it's like? ;-)
--
Sacha

---
Yes, I might just do that, if I can fight my way through the day trippers.

MikeCT

URG is relying on you. ;-)

Old 27-04-2007, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes
Have just read in Country Life that the new Garden of Surprises at Burghley
House is opening on 27th April.
Wonder if it's got any plants. ;-)

That's the surprise Sacha!
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Dendrobium bigibbum house in Full Flower - bigibbum house.JPG [1/1] Graham Corbin Orchid Photos 12 23-04-2007 10:02 AM
House Plants James Dower Gardening 11 09-02-2003 03:36 PM
North side of house - insane plants? Cereoid+10 Gardening 8 07-02-2003 07:59 AM
North side of house Allview Gardening 8 06-02-2003 06:53 AM
Will ponds cause (insects,mosquito etc) problem if it is too close to the house? John Ponds 3 30-01-2003 06:27 PM