Old 14-06-2007, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue Sue is offline

Default Asarina

Has anyone grown asarinas from seed? Four of mine appear to have germinated
and they are pricked out and growing on.

At present they do not look like I expected so do they change character as
they age?

Sue W.

--
Derby, England.

Don't try to email me using "REPLY" as the email address is NoSpam. Our
email address is "thewoodies2 at ntlworld dot com"

Old 15-06-2007, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sue" wrote in message
Has anyone grown asarinas from seed? Four of mine appear to have

germinated
and they are pricked out and growing on.

At present they do not look like I expected so do they change character as
they age?

Sue W.

--
Derby, England.

Don't try to email me using "REPLY" as the email address is NoSpam. Our
email address is "thewoodies2 at ntlworld dot com"

Kind of difficult to comment as I don't know what you were expecting! there
are several different asarinas plus several species still sold as asarinas
but not, if you have a name from the seed packet I will try and describe
what they should look like if its one of the species.
The ones I am familiar with look like miniature versions of them selves when
young if that helps.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 17-06-2007, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue Sue is offline

Charlie, gardening in Cornwall wrote:

Kind of difficult to comment as I don't know what you were expecting!
there
are several different asarinas plus several species still sold as asarinas
but not, if you have a name from the seed packet I will try and describe
what they should look like if its one of the species.
The ones I am familiar with look like miniature versions of them selves
when
young if that helps.

Yes thank you, I think that helps. The leaf shape does look similar to the
fully grown ones. It is the texture that looks wrong because the leaves are
shiny and quite thin in cross-section. It was T&M seed and just named
asarina.

Sue W.

Old 18-06-2007, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sue" wrote in message

Charlie, gardening in Cornwall wrote:

Kind of difficult to comment as I don't know what you were expecting!
there
are several different asarinas plus several species still sold as

asarinas
but not, if you have a name from the seed packet I will try and describe
what they should look like if its one of the species.
The ones I am familiar with look like miniature versions of them selves
when
young if that helps.

Yes thank you, I think that helps. The leaf shape does look similar to the
fully grown ones. It is the texture that looks wrong because the leaves

are
shiny and quite thin in cross-section. It was T&M seed and just named
asarina.

Sue W.

Sounds like Asarina scandens, which will overwinter in a dryish spot in
milder parts, I find raising from cuttings quicker than seed but both are
relatively easy to do.