Old 08-08-2007, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Gooseberry Problem

The leaves on 3 of my bushes are starting to show yellow between the
veins which I assume means they are short of some soil chemical ?
Its not the usual end of season pre-leaf fall yellowing,
They are next to each other in a short row, whilst the remaining 2 are
healthy OK.
They all grew strongly through the summer and produced good yields which
are now picked of course.
Don't know the variety.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

p. pleater

Old 09-08-2007, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Your thinking is correct, the yellowing is due to a nutrient
shortage. If your ground is light, like mine, I have found it
necessary to apply a balanced fertiliser (such as Vitax Q4 - as it
also contains trace elements) . The reasonning in my mind is with all
the rain we have had the nutrients have been leached from the soil.

Regards

Clifford
Bawtry, Doncaster, South Yorkshie