Dividing / Relocating Crocosmia.

Old 24-08-2008, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Dividing / Relocating Crocosmia.

In message , Anne Welsh Jackson
writes
Gordon H wrote:

I have a clump of Crocosmia

Should I lift the corms and store over winter, or
just transplant them, and if so, when?

Anytime you want, basically. You can't kill crocosmia, heaven knows
I've tried - and always the bloody stuff returns. Some of the corms
must be over two foot deep - that's how deep we went last time we
tried to annihilate the damned plant!

Gulp!
--
Gordon H
Old 25-08-2008, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , AriesVal
writes

Giant URL surgically removed.

Now THAT is a URL and an 'alf!

Compliments of 40tude Dialog 'insert wrap override character'

My crocs are orange, and I don't know why I didn't think of cutting them
for indoors before I trampled them to get to the beans. :-(

Oh!

All is not lost. Yesterday I h'entertained a lady to dinner, and
whilst she was preparing the salad I sneaked into the garden and cut a
decent bunch of Montbretia, which I placed in a vaze on the table.

Right pretty they looked...
--
Gordon H
Old 25-08-2008, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 25, 10:35*am, Gordon H wrote:
In message , AriesVal
writes

Giant URL surgically removed.

Now THAT is a URL and an 'alf!

Compliments of 40tude Dialog 'insert wrap override character'

My crocs are orange, and I don't know why I didn't think of cutting them
for indoors before I trampled them to get to the beans. * * :-(

Oh!

All is not lost. * * Yesterday I h'entertained a lady to dinner, and
whilst she was preparing the salad I sneaked into the garden and cut a
decent bunch of Montbretia, which I placed in a vaze on the table.

Right pretty they looked...
--
Gordon H

Didn't they drop their flowers everywhere? Mine are just going to
seed now. I hope the lady was your beloved? :-)

Judith
Old 25-08-2008, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Gordon H writes

All is not lost. Yesterday I h'entertained a lady to dinner, and
whilst she was preparing the salad

That's an interesting value of 'entertained'! You entertained her to
dinner and she prepared it ;-)
--
Kay
Old 25-08-2008, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 25, 11:28*am, K wrote:
Gordon H writes

All is not lost. * * Yesterday I h'entertained a lady to dinner, and
whilst she was preparing the salad

That's an interesting value of 'entertained'! You entertained her to
dinner and she prepared it ;-)
--
Kay

I knew you would spot that, eagle eye Kay!!

Judith
Old 25-08-2008, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in France wrote:
On Aug 24, 10:52 am, K wrote:
Gordon H writes

know Crocosmia are a bit of a joke really, but I am becoming a lazy
gardener in my old age, and keeping the borders clear of grass and
weeds is becoming an effort. :-(

They went through a period of deep unpopularity, but nowadays there
are varieties with flowers (often larger than the original) in all
shades from yellow through to rich red.

They're well worth growing for colour at this time of year, when a
lot of other thing have gone over. And the stems continue to be
attractive even when the flowers are over.
--
Kay

They certainly are Kay, I have a huge splash of red in the garden with
the C.Lucifer. I have divided them for neighbours, planted them in
other areas, but still they multiply, saying that, I would not be
without them, they are ginormous.

Judith

Any chance of some corms when you come over next?
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 25-08-2008, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , K
writes
Gordon H writes

All is not lost. Yesterday I h'entertained a lady to dinner, and
whilst she was preparing the salad

That's an interesting value of 'entertained'! You entertained her to
dinner and she prepared it ;-)

No. She volunteered to bring along a side salad to accompany the
pasta bake which I cooked.

Dammit! I even washed up!
--
Gordon H
Old 25-08-2008, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Gordon H writes
In message , K
writes
Gordon H writes

All is not lost. Yesterday I h'entertained a lady to dinner, and
whilst she was preparing the salad

That's an interesting value of 'entertained'! You entertained her to
dinner and she prepared it ;-)

No. She volunteered to bring along a side salad to accompany the
pasta bake which I cooked.

Dammit! I even washed up!

"Even"?

Washing up is the least of the requirements if you entertain ;-p

--
Kay
Old 25-08-2008, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 25, 5:06*pm, K wrote:
Gordon H writes

In message , K
writes
Gordon H writes

All is not lost. * * Yesterday I h'entertained a lady to dinner, and
whilst she was preparing the salad

That's an interesting value of 'entertained'! You entertained her to
dinner and she prepared it ;-)

No. * *She volunteered to bring along a side salad to accompany the
pasta bake which I cooked.

Dammit! * * I even washed up!

"Even"?

Washing up is the least of the requirements if you entertain ;-p

--
Kay

LOL
Old 25-08-2008, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 25, 1:27*pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
On Aug 24, 10:52 am, K wrote:
[...]

London UK- Hide quoted text -

Absolutely Pete, you gave me my beloved Bluebells, so it's corms for
you. I will be back erly September, we can arrange on how to get them
to you.

Judith
Old 25-08-2008, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in France wrote:
snippy
Any chance of some corms when you come over next?
--
Pete C
London UK- Hide quoted text -

Absolutely Pete, you gave me my beloved Bluebells, so it's corms for
you. I will be back erly September, we can arrange on how to get them
to you.

Judith

Look forward to it
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 25-08-2008, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes

I'm afraid that 'helpless' male' thing caught my eye, too. ;-)

Helpless my a***!
This male does everything for himself!

I make a rule that at my house she does nothing in the kitchen, but on
this occasion she suggested bringing a salad.

Likewise when I go to her house she does it all, but I cook for us much
more often than she does...
I'm rather more organised, and have more room here.
8-p
--
Gordon H