Old 26-04-2011, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default environmentally friendly way to clean patios?

Hi, my pressure washer has broken. Most of my stones are clean but the
pressure is no longer high enough to get off all the algae.

I see there are liquid cleaners I can pour on but I imagine this does
horrible things to the insects living below (the stones are set on
supports).

Just on the offchance before I buy a new washer, is there an
environmentally friendly way to clean the stones without a washer?

Thanks a lot. Apologies if this is too off topic.

C.
Old 26-04-2011, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-04-26 22:41:10 +0100, said:

Hi, my pressure washer has broken. Most of my stones are clean but the
pressure is no longer high enough to get off all the algae.

I see there are liquid cleaners I can pour on but I imagine this does
horrible things to the insects living below (the stones are set on
supports).

Just on the offchance before I buy a new washer, is there an
environmentally friendly way to clean the stones without a washer?

Thanks a lot. Apologies if this is too off topic.

C.

I think it's probably a scrubbing brush...... ;-(

Made ethically from renewable sources of course.

I think in my head there's this amazing liquid I can pour on that
eliminates algae on contact, yet spiders and ants walk though it
unaffected. I'm going to have to borrow a washer :-)
Old 27-04-2011, 07:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 26, 10:41*pm, Craven wrote:
Hi, my pressure washer has broken. Most of my stones are clean but the
pressure is no longer high enough to get off all the algae.

I see there are liquid cleaners I can pour on but I imagine this does
horrible things to the insects living below (the stones are set on
supports).

Just on the offchance before I buy a new washer, is there an
environmentally friendly way to clean the stones without a washer?

Thanks a lot. Apologies if this is too off topic.

C.

Pressure jet is the thing. Gets the weeds out of the cracks too.
Worth buying a decent one.

Joining two patios pitza Gardening 2 05-07-2010 04:48 AM
Patios Polymeric sand warning MES Jones Lawns 0 01-08-2008 05:38 PM
Environmentally friendly pest control tommyturner About GardenBanter 1 04-01-2006 11:18 AM
Environmentally friendly pest control tommyturner United Kingdom 6 02-01-2006 01:21 PM
Environmentally Friendly Weedkiller Jane Ransom United Kingdom 3 28-09-2002 04:51 PM