Waterglass

Old 24-05-2009, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Waterglass

I would respectfully suggest you read my posting on using Waterglass. Egg
preserving is a 'long term' thing, what a pity if you don't follow my
instruction FROM EXPERIENCE and when you come to use the eggs
:-((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Mike

--
..

Old 26-05-2009, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...
I would respectfully suggest you read my posting on using Waterglass. Egg
preserving is a 'long term' thing, what a pity if you don't follow my
instruction FROM EXPERIENCE and when you come to use the eggs
:-((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Mike

Strange post ? am I missing the bit that makes it make sense
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 26-05-2009, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 26 May 2009 12:30:05 +0100, Charlie Pridham wrote:

Strange post ? am I missing the bit that makes it make sense

Dunno, I'd not have seen it if you hadn't reposted the whole damn thing
to add one line. 'Mike' has been in my (and many other's) killfile for
months.
Old 26-05-2009, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
"Derek Turner" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 May 2009 12:30:05 +0100, Charlie Pridham wrote:

Strange post ? am I missing the bit that makes it make sense

Dunno, I'd not have seen it if you hadn't reposted the whole damn thing
to add one line. 'Mike' has been in my (and many other's) killfile for
months.

What a pity. You might have learnt something :-))

Hi David.

No it's "Waterglass" and we used it during the war, but not all eggs can be
'put down in it' as the expression went.

Eggs must be as new as possible, ie within a day or two of being laid.
Eggs must be perfect with no hairline cracks
Eggs must be perfectly clean
Eggs must be handled gently and if using a deep receptacle such as a bucket,
they must be laid by hand on the previous layer. Waterglass has a thickish
texture like wallpaper paste for Aniglypta and one would thinks they would
gently sink. Use the same hand all the time because your arm becomes cold
and sticky!!!!!!

DO NOT WASH DIRTY EGGS When an egg is laid, there is a membrane covering it
and to wash them removes this, (when wet sticky membrane), thus removing a
protective cover. (Anyone who has had an egg laid straight into their hands
will know what I mean!!)

Mike
Turning the clock back just a few years

Old 26-05-2009, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 26 May 2009 15:53:14 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Tue, 26 May 2009 12:30:05 +0100, Charlie Pridham
wrote:

In article ,
says...
I would respectfully suggest you read my posting on using Waterglass. Egg
preserving is a 'long term' thing, what a pity if you don't follow my
instruction FROM EXPERIENCE and when you come to use the eggs

Mike

Strange post ? am I missing the bit that makes it make sense

True but at least he is consistent. Maybe it is the effect of an old war wound
he suffered when a large tin of spam fell off the shelf in the Navy stores and
struck him on the head. He is too modest to talk about this.

It must have been a very big tin, he's been spreading spam ever
since...