Bottling pears

Old 21-09-2009, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bottling pears

Having a lot of pears this year I thought I would bottle them. However I
am not certain if they should be fully ripe or under ripe. Can anyone
help please?
--
Please reply to group,emails to designated
address are never read.
Old 21-09-2009, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote in message
Having a lot of pears this year I thought I would bottle them. However I
am not certain if they should be fully ripe or under ripe. Can anyone help
please?
--

Bottled Pairs?

Not thought of, or seen those since World War II ;-)

""Kilner Jars"" ?????

You have just turned the clock back a few years ;-)

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

Old 21-09-2009, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 21, 5:20*pm, Broadback wrote:
Having a lot of pears this year I thought I would bottle them. However I
am not certain if they should be fully ripe or under ripe. Can anyone
help please?
--
Please reply to group,emails to designated
address are never read.

My neighbour who does it says firm, not underripe or overripe.

Judith
Old 05-10-2009, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in France wrote:
On Sep 21, 5:20?pm, Broadback wrote:
Having a lot of pears this year I thought I would bottle them. However I
am not certain if they should be fully ripe or under ripe. Can anyone
help please?
--
Please reply to group,emails to designated
address are never read.

My neighbour who does it says firm, not underripe or overripe.

I bottle pears every year, and the best results are from slightly
underripe firm pears. However as long as the pears are not over ripe,
they bottle ok, wet oven bottling tends to make them soggy, but the taste
is fine.