Old 30-01-2009, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Recommend ladies gardening gloves- small?

Hi
Any recommendations for ladies gardening gloves? My partner wants some
quality gloves to keep hands clean, but enable easy movement, so
flexible, soft gloves,
not the thick gloves for thorns etc. Also very small size.
Thanks for any feedback.
Paul.
--
Paul reply-to is valid
Old 30-01-2009, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Paul" wrote in message
Hi
Any recommendations for ladies gardening gloves? My partner wants some
quality gloves to keep hands clean, but enable easy movement, so flexible,
soft gloves,
not the thick gloves for thorns etc. Also very small size.
Thanks for any feedback.
Paul.
--
Paul reply-to is valid

I use old leather ones, the quite tight fitting ones, they are ideal. If she
doesn't have any, nip along to any charity shop, they have them by the
hundreds!

Old 30-01-2009, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Paul wrote
Hi
Any recommendations for ladies gardening gloves? My partner wants some
quality gloves to keep hands clean, but enable easy movement, so
flexible, soft gloves,
not the thick gloves for thorns etc. Also very small size.
Thanks for any feedback.
Paul.

The best I ever found were also the cheapest. They were simple thick
cottony knit gloves dipped in green latex, dry, warm and robust enough
to withstand small thorns while being flexible enough to use for
planting out, also washable. I bought two pairs a year or so ago, in
case they proved flimsy, but the first pair is still going strong.
Sadly this was in a French supermarket....

There are some similar here, would they be small enough? They may look
too cheap to be 'quality' but if they are like the French ones, they
work beautifully.

http://www.greenfingers.com/supersto...200354&pf_id=L
S4580D

--
Kate B

PS 'elvira' is spamtrapped - please reply to 'elviraspam' at cockaigne dot org dot uk if you
want to reply personally
Old 30-01-2009, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Paul" wrote
Any recommendations for ladies gardening gloves? My partner wants some
quality gloves to keep hands clean, but enable easy movement, so flexible,
soft gloves,
not the thick gloves for thorns etc. Also very small size.

I'm a lady (some people would disagree)! I prefer flexible, soft gloves,
and I really like the inexpensive green rubber ones. They're cotton on the
back and rubber on the palms and fingers, and they don't have any seams to
irritate and rub the skin. They cost about £3 or £4 from Lidl or Aldi or
B&Q, etc. I think I've even seen pink ones in Morrisons. They're
waterproof and last forever but are cheap enough to throw away if they do
get ripped. They also come in size small.

Old 30-01-2009, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Paul" wrote
Any recommendations for ladies gardening gloves? My partner wants some
quality gloves to keep hands clean, but enable easy movement, so flexible,
soft gloves,
not the thick gloves for thorns etc. Also very small size.

Something like these:
http://www.gardengloves.uk.com/displ...dbquery=single

Old 30-01-2009, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30 Jan, 11:23, Paul wrote:
Hi
Any recommendations for ladies gardening gloves? My partner wants some
quality gloves to keep hands clean, but enable easy movement, so
flexible, soft gloves,
not the thick gloves for thorns etc. Also very small size.

You can buy things like this:
http://www.worktownworkwear.co.uk/more/on/details/00335
from farm shops or the sort of industrial supplier that sells PPE.

They are remarkably cheap, especially if you buy 10 at a time.

Go and look at the amazing range of industrial gloves now offered by
companies like Arco, often in sizes down to 5.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 11:23:42 +0000, Paul
wrote:

Hi
Any recommendations for ladies gardening gloves? My partner wants some
quality gloves to keep hands clean, but enable easy movement, so
flexible, soft gloves,
not the thick gloves for thorns etc. Also very small size.
Thanks for any feedback.
Paul.

I recently found some pink gloves with a donation from the cost going
to Breast Cancer.
They are cotton with plastic-coated palms. I find them good an
flexible.
I've bought at 2 places. The best were from a Wyvale, but the second
Wyvale I tried for more didn't have them.
Try Greenfingers.com

Pam in Bristol
Old 10-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Registered User

Hi
Any recommendations for ladies gardening gloves? My partner wants some
quality gloves to keep hands clean, but enable easy movement, so
flexible, soft gloves,
not the thick gloves for thorns etc. Also very small size.
Thanks for any feedback.
Paul.
--
Paul reply-to is valid

Hi Paul,

The best gloves around are the SHOWA gardening gloves, which are available in a size small, enabling the wearer to have unrivalled comfort and dexterity in the garden as well as protecting their hands and nails. These gloves are washable at 40 degrees and come out perfect again so they outlast other gloves by about 5 times. For a lightweight gardening glove choose the SHOWA Floreo 370, available in 6 colours, for cold outdoor work choose the SHOWA 451 Thermo Grip and for thorny work there's the SHOWA 350 Thornmaster. I buy mine online from www.mstore.co.uk
Hope that helps!
Old 15-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Registered User

BMES-experience has given us Knowledge in conveying different kind of materials and also designing Custom Built Equipment's. Pneumatic Conveying System, Bag Slitting machine manufacturers in India.Pneumatic conveying system, Bag Slitting machine manufacturers, Dust Controller manufacturers. Small Bag Filling Machine Manufacturers.Pneumatic Conveying System