Old 24-11-2010, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Apples fused together

Just picked up an apple from my orchard earlier today, as a windfall and
it's two joined like conjoined twins in a major way. I've never seen this
before. This is when I wanted my camera to work.
They are joined all down one side and two apples in one.

Tina

Old 24-11-2010, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Just picked up an apple from my orchard earlier today, as a windfall and
it's two joined like conjoined twins in a major way. I've never seen this
before. This is when I wanted my camera to work.
They are joined all down one side and two apples in one.

Tina

I had a tomato suffering from a similar conjunction this summer.
No photo yet - sorry.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 24-11-2010, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Just picked up an apple from my orchard earlier today, as a windfall and
it's two joined like conjoined twins in a major way. I've never seen this
before. This is when I wanted my camera to work.
They are joined all down one side and two apples in one.

Tina

Facinating, I've never had that happen, 2 for the price of one, what a
bargain!

Alan

Old 25-11-2010, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 Christina Websell wrote:

Just picked up an apple from my orchard earlier today, as a windfall and
it's two joined like conjoined twins in a major way. I've never seen this
before. This is when I wanted my camera to work.
They are joined all down one side and two apples in one.

I had one like this ten years ago. Just one of the apples would have
been huge (it was a Calville Rouge) but both of them together ......

The smaller was sitting on top of the other. I did publish a photo of it
somewhere - can't remember whether it was here or not, probably not -
but when there were suggestions that I had faked it, I didn't bother
with it any more.

I'll see if I can root out that photo if anyone's interested.

David

http://rance.org.uk

Old 25-11-2010, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Rance" wrote in message
On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 Christina Websell wrote:

Just picked up an apple from my orchard earlier today, as a windfall and
it's two joined like conjoined twins in a major way. I've never seen this
before. This is when I wanted my camera to work.
They are joined all down one side and two apples in one.

I had one like this ten years ago. Just one of the apples would have been
huge (it was a Calville Rouge) but both of them together ......

The smaller was sitting on top of the other. I did publish a photo of it
somewhere - can't remember whether it was here or not, probably not - but
when there were suggestions that I had faked it, I didn't bother with it
any more.

I'll see if I can root out that photo if anyone's interested.

I'm interested -- mine are fused side to side.
As I said, I've never seen it before.

I don't know what variety it is, I inherited my orchard when I moved here.
It's a cooking apple, mainly green with a few red stripes on it and average
size.
Tina

buds fused together J Fortuna Orchids 6 18-10-2004 11:10 AM
buds fused together J Fortuna Orchids 0 16-10-2004 02:47 AM
[IBC] Fused Fig Bonsai Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 4 24-05-2004 02:02 PM
Fused Phal leaf sneff Orchids 1 20-04-2003 05:20 AM
could i graft a living treehouse together? Monique Reed Plant Biology 9 29-03-2003 06:44 PM