Old 30-01-2011, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default There .....

.... they're ...... and ......... their

Some people on this newsgroup have great difficulty comprehending things.

What do you make of 'there', 'they're' and 'their'.

Any takers? Or too hard?

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Old 31-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Mike'[_4_] View Post
.... they're ...... and ......... their

Some people on this newsgroup have great difficulty comprehending things.

What do you make of 'there', 'they're' and 'their'.

Any takers? Or too hard?

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive
The is simply just stating that *there is something, or you could say 'it's over there'.
Their: indicates possession.. Like something is *theirs.
They' contraction of 'they are'. *They're my mum and dad. I could also say *they are my mum and dad.

I often see people getting it wrong. Some people don't take to it like a duck to water. I am terrible with maths, so I suppose I don't understand numbers like some people can't comprehend this. I'm sure there's an explanation for why they're getting this wrong. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses.

People often mistake: your for you're. Like I received a text which said 'your one of my best friends', as sweet as it was! People can't help it, but for anyone who does mistake the two, you're is a contraction of you are and your also indicates possession... An example would be *isn't this yours?
__________________
Bat Boxes - Help Your Local Bat Friends
Chimineas | Parasols | Garden Benches | Garden Furniture Covers
Old 31-01-2011, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...

... they're ...... and ......... their

Some people on this newsgroup have great difficulty comprehending things.

What do you make of 'there', 'they're' and 'their'.

Any takers? Or too hard?

Mike

There is a place, rether like here plus a t

There're, an abbreviation of they are (idioits if they do not understand
these sublties of english)

Their belong to them

Easy, or am I missing something - like the gardening connection?

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales
Old 31-01-2011, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Roger Tonkin" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

... they're ...... and ......... their

Some people on this newsgroup have great difficulty comprehending things.

What do you make of 'there', 'they're' and 'their'.

Any takers? Or too hard?

Mike

There is a place, rether like here plus a t

There're, an abbreviation of they are (idioits if they do not understand
these sublties of english)

Their belong to them

Easy, or am I missing something - like the gardening connection?

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

Know, you're knot missing anything. I had the wee wee taken out of me for
grammer, spellin and all sorts of things.

I just wondered if the souper dooper so well edukated peeple new everything
;-))

Kindest regards

Mike
NOT the President of the Royal Air Forces Association

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Old 31-01-2011, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-01-31 17:15:39 +0000, Roger Tonkin said:

There is a place, rether like here plus a t

There're, an abbreviation of they are (idioits if they do not understand
these sublties of english)

Their belong to them

Easy, or am I missing something - like the gardening connection?

No, you're not missing a non-existent connection but you are pandering to
a gigantic ego which has been chastised recently. As is usual, following
such an 'episode' (one of dozens here) Crowe is now posting on anything
and everything he can think of, to draw attention to himself even further
so as to disrupt this group. His only interest in life is doing that.
It seems a shame to assist him, imo. YMMV but I admit I can't imagine
why.
--
Sacha

Oh Sascha, you have popped up again :-))

You just CANNOT resist my postings can you :-))

Kindest POSSIBLE regards

Mike
Who is NOT the President of the Royal Air Forces Association, but I guess
even YOU know that by now, but will you admit it?

:-))))))

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Old 31-01-2011, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

It seems a shame to assist him, imo. YMMV but I
admit I can't imagine why.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

Your challenge and one for others, will be to ignore the O.T. Blood Pressure
topic.
Naughty boy points for anybody who succumbs perhaps (:-)

Regards
Pete

Old 31-01-2011, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pete" wrote in message

It seems a shame to assist him, imo. YMMV but I
admit I can't imagine why.
--
Sacha
South Devon

Your challenge and one for others, will be to ignore the O.T. Blood
Pressure topic.
Naughty boy points for anybody who succumbs perhaps (:-)

Regards
Pete

:-)))))

Kind regards

Mike
Who is NOT the President of the Royal Air Forces Association, so don't be
fooled by claims from mischief makers that I am.

Old 31-01-2011, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Gary Woods wrote:

What do you make of 'there', 'they're' and 'their'.

I make of it a rather petty spelling/grammar flame, usually resorted to by
persons unable to contribute in a useful way to the _real_ conversation
(note the group's name).

Heer, hier, hyeah!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 31-01-2011, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote:

What do you make of 'there', 'they're' and 'their'.

I make of it a rather petty spelling/grammar flame, usually resorted to by
persons unable to contribute in a useful way to the _real_ conversation
(note the group's name).

I'm planting leeks indoors today. Still a couple of months away from
transplanting here.

Old 31-01-2011, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
"'Mike'" wrote:

What do you make of 'there', 'they're' and 'their'.

I make of it a rather petty spelling/grammar flame, usually resorted to by
persons unable to contribute in a useful way to the _real_ conversation
(note the group's name).

I'm planting leeks indoors today. Still a couple of months away from
transplanting here.

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic

That should get you some feedback and 'bashing support' ;-)

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Old 01-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Registered User

idiots - is just abit harsh, I think, personally. What are you not good at? - well for whatever it is, if I were to call you an idiot, it wouldn't be nice, huh?