Old 11-05-2011, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Slow Worms Have a Bite!!!!

On Tue, 10 May 2011 21:14:23 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Jake" Nospam@invalid wrote in message
.. .

You are not alone. Last week on the telly an expert was explaining slow
worms to the presenter and he picked one up, confidently.
It bit him and there was lots of blood.
I laughed.. sorry

Sorry, meant to ask earlier - what was the programme please? I'd like
to see if I can find it on iPlayer or whichever player covers the
channel it was on. Thanks in anticipation and all that. Jake
Old 11-05-2011, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

"Jake" Nospam@invalid wrote in message
. ..

You are not alone. Last week on the telly an expert was explaining slow
worms to the presenter and he picked one up, confidently.
It bit him and there was lots of blood.
I laughed.. sorry

Sorry, meant to ask earlier - what was the programme please? I'd like
to see if I can find it on iPlayer or whichever player covers the
channel it was on. Thanks in anticipation and all that. Jake

I think it was on the animal rescue programme on BBC 1 at 9.15 a.m. last
week, it's finished now but it was on for around 6 weeks every day. Sorry I
forget what it was called.
They were out and about in maybe Dorset in a place that every reptile in
Britain can be seen, they did not find them all but the slow worm certainly
made an impact.
It was quite funny, here was an expert with blood running fron his hand and
the presenter saying "oh, they bite, then, do they?"

Old 12-05-2011, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
geo geo is offline

On Wed, 11 May 2011 23:08:00 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I think it was on the animal rescue programme on BBC 1 at 9.15 a.m. last
week, it's finished now but it was on for around 6 weeks every day. Sorry I
forget what it was called.
They were out and about in maybe Dorset in a place that every reptile in
Britain can be seen, they did not find them all but the slow worm certainly
made an impact.

Can't resist a good google search with all that info...
Anyway it was Animal 24.7 on 6th May - not convinced it was slow worm
as they mentioned smooth snake:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00n0nyj/Animal_247_Series_4_Episode_17/
or - if that wraps use:-
http://tinyurl.com/6zzvshg

Old 12-05-2011, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
geo geo is offline

Oops -forgot to say the programme reptile segment is about 31 minutes
in from the start...

slow worms Ann Lancing United Kingdom 1 21-09-2010 04:48 PM
slow worms Ann Lancing United Kingdom 2 18-09-2010 11:32 PM
slow worms Kate Morgan United Kingdom 7 13-08-2006 03:49 PM
Slow worms in my compost bin ... Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat United Kingdom 6 03-09-2004 01:57 PM
slow worms Phil & Diane Martin United Kingdom 2 05-09-2003 10:32 PM