Old 07-01-2012, 01:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Snowdrops are poking through

Just the ordinary ones.
It always cheers me up to see them coming, they usually flower here in Leics
near the end of January.
I have some beautiful doubles that I got from Germany, they seem to be
always later, no sign of them yet.
Winter weather in Germany is so dire, you'd think they appreciate the UK
weather and be up first ;-)

Tina

Old 07-01-2012, 07:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Just the ordinary ones.
It always cheers me up to see them coming, they usually flower here in
Leics near the end of January.
I have some beautiful doubles that I got from Germany, they seem to be
always later, no sign of them yet.
Winter weather in Germany is so dire, you'd think they appreciate the UK
weather and be up first ;-)

Tina

Somewhat surprised to see some daffodils by the road on the outskirts of
Yeovil on Thursday.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:45 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina Websell View Post
Just the ordinary ones.
It always cheers me up to see them coming, they usually flower here in Leics
near the end of January.
I have some beautiful doubles that I got from Germany, they seem to be
always later, no sign of them yet.
Winter weather in Germany is so dire, you'd think they appreciate the UK
weather and be up first ;-)

Tina
Snowdrops were out in Gargrave in the Yorkshire Dales today