Pear Tree Disease/Fungus

Old 29-03-2012, 08:23 PM

Default Pear Tree Disease/Fungus

Hello all,

This is my first post, so apologies if this problem has reared its ugly head before. My Conference pear tree has a greeny/silvery grey fungus on the bark and I fear that it is starting to die back. I've taken a photo and put the link in the post. Anyone got any ideas as to what it is? Is there any fungicide or spray that will help?

Location South East England

Thanks for reading...hope you can help

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/.../Photo0042.jpg