Old 12-04-2012, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Can you identify this flower/weed

It has blue forget-me-not like flowers at the moment, has large foxglove
like leaves and is a prolific self seeder. About 15"x15".

Old 12-04-2012, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Emrys Davies
writes
It has blue forget-me-not like flowers at the moment, has large
foxglove like leaves and is a prolific self seeder. About 15"x15".

Green alkanet (Pentaglottis sempervirens).
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 12-04-2012, 02:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Stewart Robert Hinsley" wrote ...

Emrys Davies writes
It has blue forget-me-not like flowers at the moment, has large foxglove
like leaves and is a prolific self seeder. About 15"x15".

Green alkanet (Pentaglottis sempervirens).

Get rid of it asap, the roots are long and brittle and it will regrow from
any piece. Glyphosate is your friend.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Stewart Robert Hinsley" wrote ...

Emrys Davies writes
It has blue forget-me-not like flowers at the moment, has large foxglove
like leaves and is a prolific self seeder. About 15"x15".

Green alkanet (Pentaglottis sempervirens).

Get rid of it asap, the roots are long and brittle and it will regrow from
any piece. Glyphosate is your friend.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Yes, that is it. My neighbor has it and she will now try and eradicate it.
Thanks a lot to both of you.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
It has blue forget-me-not like flowers at the moment, has large foxglove
like leaves and is a prolific self seeder. About 15"x15".

Green alkanet?

Old 12-04-2012, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Stewart Robert Hinsley" wrote ...

Emrys Davies writes
It has blue forget-me-not like flowers at the moment, has large foxglove
like leaves and is a prolific self seeder. About 15"x15".

Green alkanet (Pentaglottis sempervirens).

Get rid of it asap, the roots are long and brittle and it will regrow from
any piece. Glyphosate is your friend.
--

OTOH, bees love it. I have it my garden, yes, is is a prolific self seeder
so I pull up most of them, leaving a few to attract the bees.