Old 15-04-2012, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Husqvarna Lawnmower

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a lawnmower Husqvarna lc-48ve
http://www.husqvarna.com/uk/products...owers/lc-48ve/

Any opinion? Is the electric start worth 100 quid?

Thanks in advance.
PA
Old 15-04-2012, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 06:36:11 -0700 (PDT), "P. Alves"
wrote:

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a lawnmower Husqvarna lc-48ve
http://www.husqvarna.com/uk/products...owers/lc-48ve/

Any opinion? Is the electric start worth 100 quid?

Thanks in advance.
PA

I have no knowledge of the brand or model but I know five people who
have bought various brands of electric start petrol mowers and all of
them say it was a waste of money and those who still have them use the
recoil pull cords to start their mowers.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the sunny and refreshingly green
east end of Swansea Bay.
Old 15-04-2012, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 06:36:11 -0700 (PDT), P. Alves wrote:

Any opinion?

£700 notes for a Briggs & Stratton powered mower is £500++ of profit
for the seller...

Is the electric start worth 100 quid?

For a little engine like that I wouldn't have thought so but you
don't tell us if pull starting a mower is difficult for you due to
any disabilties. Does the mower recharge the battery whilst it is
mowing or do you need to sperately charge the battery? I see a
seperate charger is available for more notes. The battery will also
add weight to the mower and it's more things to go wrong...

The galvanised steel deck will still rust as the galvanisation won't
last very long in the cutting area. Just make sure you clean it
reasonably well after each use, don't leave clumps of wet grass
adhered to it anywhere.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 15-04-2012, 03:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a lawnmower Husqvarna lc-48ve
http://www.husqvarna.com/uk/products...owers/lc-48ve/

Any opinion? Is the electric start worth 100 quid?

Thanks in advance.
PA

I have no knowledge of the brand or model but I know five people who
have bought various brands of electric start petrol mowers and all of
them say it was a waste of money and those who still have them use the
recoil pull cords to start their mowers.

Husqvarna is generally decent quality kit. I have no personal
experience with the electric start, but if you're buying from a small
dealer rather than a large DIY they will probably keep it working for you.
Old 15-04-2012, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Liquorice" wrote uk...

P. Alves wrote:

Any opinion?

£700 notes for a Briggs & Stratton powered mower is £500++ of profit
for the seller...

Is the electric start worth 100 quid?

For a little engine like that I wouldn't have thought so but you
don't tell us if pull starting a mower is difficult for you due to
any disabilties. Does the mower recharge the battery whilst it is
mowing or do you need to sperately charge the battery? I see a
seperate charger is available for more notes. The battery will also
add weight to the mower and it's more things to go wrong...

The galvanised steel deck will still rust as the galvanisation won't
last very long in the cutting area. Just make sure you clean it
reasonably well after each use, don't leave clumps of wet grass
adhered to it anywhere.

I agree Husqvarna is OK stuff, probably second only to Stihl, certainly my
strimmer has taken everything I have thrown at it over many years.
My Hayter Harrier mower has a cast aluminium deck, so no rust, I assume
others don't follow their lead because of cost as it must be much cheaper to
stamp out one from sheet steel.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 15-04-2012, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 15:40:46 +0100, Bob Hobden wrote:

I agree Husqvarna is OK stuff, probably second only to Stihl,

Both "known brands" and associated hike in price for the "label".

My Hayter Harrier mower has a cast aluminium deck, so no rust,

My Mountfield (I think) mower has a steel deck, yes it's got surface
rust but I do clean it after every use. SWMBO'd used it once and
didn't clean it. Great wodges of wet grass rotting away and keeping
the deck wet when I came to use it later, more corrosion from that
single event than over the 10 years or so of use and cleaning. I was
not amused.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 16-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Liquorice[_3_] View Post
[...]

If you are going to spend money on a lawnmower then it would be Honda everytime. Good and very reliable with aluminium decks and can be picked up for reasonable prices. Personally i would only have electric start if i dint have the strength to pull start as these sometimes breakdown anyway. Also most hondas are self drive so pull themselves along and you just guide. U can even get ones with the rear roller on the back for the sort after striped lawn. hope this helped.
Old 30-01-2017, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sunday, 15 April 2012 23:36:11 UTC+10, P. Alves wrote:
Hi,

I am thinking of buying a lawnmower Husqvarna lc-48ve
http://www.husqvarna.com/uk/products...owers/lc-48ve/

Any opinion? Is the electric start worth 100 quid?

Thanks in advance.
PA

Bought one of this with 5 years extended warranty. Smooth and run good less that a year then battery died just after a year. Self propelled became a push propelled. Back wheel doesn't move and locked in. All I have was trouble. I had Chinese made lawn mower before this one and last longer. Buy a cheap one ateast you pay cheap and maybe have the same disappointmemnt
Old 31-01-2017, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/01/2017 22:46, wrote:
On Sunday, 15 April 2012 23:36:11 UTC+10, P. Alves wrote:
Hi,

I am thinking of buying a lawnmower Husqvarna lc-48ve
http://www.husqvarna.com/uk/products...owers/lc-48ve/

Any opinion? Is the electric start worth 100 quid?

Thanks in advance.
PA

Bought one of this with 5 years extended warranty. Smooth and run good less that a year then battery died just after a year. Self propelled became a push propelled. Back wheel doesn't move and locked in. All I have was trouble. I had Chinese made lawn mower before this one and last longer. Buy a cheap one ateast you pay cheap and maybe have the same disappointmemnt

As the question was asked in 2012 the OP can probably give us his own
reliability report if he/she is still around!

Mike