GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Adding moss to compost (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/203531-adding-moss-compost.html)

Vegegrower 14-05-2012 04:28 PM

Adding moss to compost

Is this wise?

Basically I've got some grass cuttings with some moss mixed in.

kay 14-05-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegegrower (Post 958693)
Is this wise?

Basically I've got some grass cuttings with some moss mixed in.

Don't worry about it. It'll rot down.

Martin Brown 14-05-2012 10:21 PM

Adding moss to compost

On 14/05/2012 16:28, Vegegrower wrote:
Is this wise?

Basically I've got some grass cuttings with some moss mixed in.

The moss is useful for hanging baskets if you intend to do any,
otherwise yes chuck it in and it will rot down.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Christina Websell 15-05-2012 01:53 AM

Adding moss to compost

"Vegegrower" wrote in message

Is this wise?

Basically I've got some grass cuttings with some moss mixed in.
Vegegrower

Moss rots down into lovely compost (as I found out when I hadn't cleaned my
gutters out for 3 years) and the moss on my roof had been washed down into
them.
It looked good enough to grow seeds in.

Tina