Old 24-04-2013, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Veg. are comming on nicely now....

.....that it has been warmer.

I can see 2 definate lines of Aran Pilot and a few other Rocket, or is it
Swift popping up on different rows, Maris Bard have yet to show.
Maris Peer, second earlies are showing, ever so slight. Have to look for
them, but they are there.
Pea, Hurst Greenshaft are popping up, as are broad bean Bunyards
Exhibition. Going to have to cover them. Pigeons.

On the allotment there is not much to see of the maincrop potatoes, which I
think is ok. ATM but will be pleased to see some growth.
I already covered the (allotment)pea Ruthless with netting and are comming
on a bit.
Sowed 2 rows of broad bean The Sutton after double digging in some horse
manure.
Sowed beetroot Cardeal, grow or not. Not a lover of beetroot.

Will be sowing more pas and beans in a few weeks.

Baz

Old 24-04-2013, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 13:44:33 GMT, Baz wrote:

[...]

I have finally got some peas and beans coming up.

In greenhouse I have cabbages and lovage and aspargus lettuce. Plenty
of lettuce outside in cold frame started off and some flowers.
Phacelia up, but nasturtians not yet.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 24-04-2013, 11:42 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogga View Post
I have finally got some peas and beans coming up.

In greenhouse I have cabbages and lovage and aspargus lettuce. Plenty
of lettuce outside in cold frame started off and some flowers.
Phacelia up, but nasturtians not yet.
Autumn sown broad beans (overwintered in greenhouse) have flower buds.
Lots of swiss chard, purple sprouting will be ready later this week. Various salady things in greenhouse are growing - it's noticeable how slow growth is in Dec and Jan - I think it's a light thing as much as the (lack of) heat.

And chives are up and pickable.

Cool Book Comming Out dan_brown2k9 Roses 1 05-08-2009 05:48 PM
Fall is Comming - DSC00209_2.jpg (1/5) madgardener Garden Photos 1 08-07-2007 01:08 PM
The Sting Alge is comming Dude Ponds 8 21-04-2005 04:18 PM
OT 'View' on Outlook Express filters messages nicely Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 11 09-03-2005 07:23 PM