Old 25-09-2013, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Squirrels and nuts

I wrote last year that our friendly squirrel has been donating walnuts
from a neighbour's tree.

Well this year his, or her, habit has been even more friendly - either
that or (s)he is suffering the onset of Alzheimer's. We get several
offerings a day, mostly left in obvious places. One was just inside the
door of our conservatory. In the past (s)he has managed to bury at least
some of the walnuts as we have any number of saplings growing up around
the garden.

So, what with the squirrel's walnuts and the fruit of our Web's Cob we
shall not need to stock up with nuts for Christmas!

David

Old 25-09-2013, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25/09/2013 10:43, David Rance wrote:
I wrote last year that our friendly squirrel has been donating walnuts
from a neighbour's tree.

Well this year his, or her, habit has been even more friendly - either
that or (s)he is suffering the onset of Alzheimer's. We get several
offerings a day, mostly left in obvious places. One was just inside the
door of our conservatory. In the past (s)he has managed to bury at least
some of the walnuts as we have any number of saplings growing up around
the garden.

So, what with the squirrel's walnuts and the fruit of our Web's Cob we
shall not need to stock up with nuts for Christmas!

David

Someone has to say it.
I leave my squirrels nuts alone.
Old 25-09-2013, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 David Hill wrote:

On 25/09/2013 10:43, David Rance wrote:
I wrote last year that our friendly squirrel has been donating walnuts
from a neighbour's tree.

Well this year his, or her, habit has been even more friendly - either
that or (s)he is suffering the onset of Alzheimer's. We get several
offerings a day, mostly left in obvious places. One was just inside the
door of our conservatory. In the past (s)he has managed to bury at least
some of the walnuts as we have any number of saplings growing up around
the garden.

So, what with the squirrel's walnuts and the fruit of our Web's Cob we
shall not need to stock up with nuts for Christmas!

David

Someone has to say it.
I leave my squirrels nuts alone.

But it got your attention! ;-)

David

Old 25-09-2013, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25/09/2013 18:05, David Rance wrote:
[...]

It would get theirs as well
Old 27-09-2013, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote in news:bage74Fs84rU2
@mid.individual.net:

On 25/09/2013 10:43, David Rance wrote:
I wrote last year that our friendly squirrel has been donating walnuts
from a neighbour's tree.

Well this year his, or her, habit has been even more friendly - either
that or (s)he is suffering the onset of Alzheimer's. We get several
offerings a day, mostly left in obvious places. One was just inside the
door of our conservatory. In the past (s)he has managed to bury at least
some of the walnuts as we have any number of saplings growing up around
the garden.

So, what with the squirrel's walnuts and the fruit of our Web's Cob we
shall not need to stock up with nuts for Christmas!

David

Someone has to say it.
I leave my squirrels nuts alone.

We only see fleeting glimpses of squirrels around here, and from those few
fleeting glimpses I think that the grey and red have interbred.
Whare is that camera when I need it.
Same for the Kinngfisher. Never have the camera ready. I see them every day
at this time of year. But they are so quick.

Baz