Old 18-05-2014, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ping Sacha

Seeking your advice please. Tony and I are looking to plant mainly
evergreen container shrubs that will look interesting at different times
of the year. Have to be container grown as we inherited full borders of
mature shrubs, roses and trees when we moved here 5 years ago. Our
large decking area could do with prettying up although presently it has
container grown veggies flourishing on it. Grateful for any suggestions.

--
It takes sadness to know what happiness is,
noise to appreciate silence,

Old 18-05-2014, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-05-18 08:52:00 +0000, AriesVal said:

Seeking your advice please. Tony and I are looking to plant mainly
evergreen container shrubs that will look interesting at different
times of the year. Have to be container grown as we inherited full
borders of mature shrubs, roses and trees when we moved here 5 years
ago. Our large decking area could do with prettying up although
presently it has container grown veggies flourishing on it. Grateful
for any suggestions.

Phormiums, some of the Heucheras, Myrtus ugni, rosemaries,(my
preference is R. Marenca) small Euonymus (variegated and growing to
about 2') Pittosporum tobira nano, Pittosporum Tom Thumb, Coprosma
repens, Ceanothus thyrsiflorus var. repens. Camellias won't be happy
in containers for all that long. Hostas die down but can look
spectacular in a container and it might help keep slugs away. The same
goes for cardoons (Cynara cardunculus) which die back but have enormous
artichoke type leaves and, in a very large container look astoundingly
good, with the bonus of a dramatic, purple, thistle-like flower in late
summer.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 18-05-2014, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18/05/2014 11:40, sacha wrote:
On 2014-05-18 08:52:00 +0000, AriesVal said:

[...]

Thank you, appreciated Will look at pics of these via your site or
on Google.

Old 18-05-2014, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-05-18 08:52:00 +0000, AriesVal said:

[...]

There are some on our web site but not all. I don't think we have the
Pitt. tobira but must check because I'd like some in the garden! And
I'm pretty sure we don't have that Coprosma repens. I know Ray has
'started' another batch of Myrtus ugni (I think now it's just called
Ugni now I come to think of it) because it sold out very quicklly.
This has been an extraordinarily busy year!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Ping sacha - reposted message! Ping Spider re Deutzia Spider[_2_] United Kingdom 4 04-05-2009 06:28 AM
Ping Sacha Judith in France United Kingdom 3 17-05-2008 03:51 PM
Ping Sacha judith.lea United Kingdom 18 21-01-2008 04:07 PM
Ping Sacha judith.lea United Kingdom 3 16-10-2007 10:55 PM
Ping Sacha Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 3 26-05-2003 04:20 PM