Old 26-11-2014, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default At the risk of being a bore...

BBC's series of "Glorious Gardens From Above" to my mind is the best
gardening programme broadcast in many a year. It has not unrealistic
ways of building a garden (with concrete or else owt) yet it is edifying
and very entertaining. How many beautiful, garden there are in the UK!
Old 26-11-2014, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 16:53:35 +0000, Broadback
wrote:

BBC's series of "Glorious Gardens From Above" to my mind is the best
gardening programme broadcast in many a year. It has not unrealistic
ways of building a garden (with concrete or else owt) yet it is edifying
and very entertaining. How many beautiful, garden there are in the UK!

I too am enjoying them all. Her enthusiasm is infectious!
Old 26-11-2014, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote in message
BBC's series of "Glorious Gardens From Above" to my mind is the best
gardening programme broadcast in many a year. It has not unrealistic ways
of building a garden (with concrete or else owt) yet it is edifying and
very entertaining. How many beautiful, garden there are in the UK!

It's a nice programme scheduled at a bad time. It's against Deal or no
Deal on C4. which is very popular. So how about 7.30 when we can sit back
and enjoy it?

Old 26-11-2014, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote ...

BBC's series of "Glorious Gardens From Above" to my mind is the best
gardening programme broadcast in many a year. It has not unrealistic
ways of building a garden (with concrete or else owt) yet it is edifying
and very entertaining. How many beautiful, garden there are in the UK!

Not watched it, saw who was the presenter and that was it.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 26-11-2014, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/11/2014 17:26, Christina Websell wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message
BBC's series of "Glorious Gardens From Above" to my mind is the best
gardening programme broadcast in many a year. It has not unrealistic ways
of building a garden (with concrete or else owt) yet it is edifying and
very entertaining. How many beautiful, garden there are in the UK!

It's a nice programme scheduled at a bad time. It's against Deal or no
Deal on C4. which is very popular. So how about 7.30 when we can sit back
and enjoy it?

Also no on Sunday at around 8.15am here in wales

Old 26-11-2014, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/11/2014 17:33, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Broadback" wrote ...

BBC's series of "Glorious Gardens From Above" to my mind is the best
gardening programme broadcast in many a year. It has not unrealistic
ways of building a garden (with concrete or else owt) yet it is
edifying and very entertaining. How many beautiful, garden there are
in the UK!

Not watched it, saw who was the presenter and that was it.

Like you Bob I don't like her, when she is just talking not to bad but
when she has to read from a script.
Painful

Old 26-11-2014, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David" wrote in message
On 26/11/2014 17:33, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Broadback" wrote ...

BBC's series of "Glorious Gardens From Above" to my mind is the best
gardening programme broadcast in many a year. It has not unrealistic
ways of building a garden (with concrete or else owt) yet it is
edifying and very entertaining. How many beautiful, garden there are
in the UK!

Not watched it, saw who was the presenter and that was it.

Like you Bob I don't like her, when she is just talking not to bad but
when she has to read from a script.
Painful

well admittedly she isn't the world's best presenter but she loves
gardening. which is enough for me.

Old 27-11-2014, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote in message
BBC's series of "Glorious Gardens From Above" to my mind is the best
gardening programme broadcast in many a year. It has not unrealistic ways
of building a garden (with concrete or else owt) yet it is edifying and
very entertaining. How many beautiful, garden there are in the UK!

It's a nice programme scheduled at a bad time. It's against Deal or no
Deal on C4. which is very popular. So how about 7.30 when we can sit back
and enjoy it?

Also no on Sunday at around 8.15am here in wales

it's enjoyable enough but we think the Hot Air Balloon is a bit of a
gimmick. Did they really encounter the right weather conditions that
would let them soar accurately enough over all those gardens?
Balloons tend to go where the air currents take them.
Suspect most aerial shots were taken from one of the more
sophisticated drone platforms that are now available and that a lot of
shots of a balloon taking off are miles away on a different occasion.
But a title " Gardens we have driven to and got an aerial photography
contractor in to film us " doesn't sound the same.
And the boat they presented one place with recently to haul out water
Lilies was a bit daft. Nicely presented old wooden boat, but a modern
low maintenance aluminium work Punt would be more practical,more
stable,hold more and easily washed out in a few minutes and valuable
time saved not having to Paint/Varnish it regulary.

G.Harman
Old 27-11-2014, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote in message
BBC's series of "Glorious Gardens From Above" to my mind is the best
gardening programme broadcast in many a year. It has not unrealistic ways
of building a garden (with concrete or else owt) yet it is edifying and
very entertaining. How many beautiful, garden there are in the UK!

It's a nice programme scheduled at a bad time. It's against Deal or no
Deal on C4. which is very popular. So how about 7.30 when we can sit back
and enjoy it?

Also no on Sunday at around 8.15am here in wales

To be honest the ways you can record or access programmes and view
them at a time to suit are now so well established that many people
hardly watch a programme at the advertised transmission time.
Ok so not all will have purchased the right set or set top box but
that is their choice.

G.Harman

Old 28-11-2014, 08:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27/11/2014 16:07, Janet wrote:

To be honest the ways you can record or access programmes and view
them at a time to suit are now so well established that many people
hardly watch a programme at the advertised transmission time.
Ok so not all will have purchased the right set or set top box but
that is their choice.

Even if Christina hasn't got the TV facility, she does have a computer
sp could watch it on screen at any time to suit herself.

Now I haven't checked the availability of "Glorious Gardens From Above"
on BBC iPlayer, but you might be surprised at how many programmes are
"Not available" when you try to view them - even later on the same day.
I would expect that to be true of other "One Demand" channels too. I
assume this is due to contractual arrangements.

--

Jeff
Old 28-11-2014, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jeff Layman wrote:

Now I haven't checked the availability of "Glorious Gardens From Above"
on BBC iPlayer,

The earliest episodes are currently showing as available for 18
days, and the rest for 4 weeks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04p...pisodes/player

They also seem to be re-showing the whole series, though I can't
quite see the pattern in the jumbled sequence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04p...casts/upcoming

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Old 28-11-2014, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Broadback" wrote in message
BBC's series of "Glorious Gardens From Above" to my mind is the best
gardening programme broadcast in many a year. It has not unrealistic
ways of building a garden (with concrete or else owt) yet it is edifying
and very entertaining. How many beautiful, garden there are in the UK!

It's a nice programme scheduled at a bad time. It's against Deal or no
Deal on C4. which is very popular.

????
Is it? I thought it was the joke of channel 4 and I'm pleased to say that I
have never met anybody that watches it.

--
David