Old 01-03-2016, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Strawberry bed looking pathetic

I made a new strawberry bed at at the allotment a couple of years ago
(the old one was still going strong after over 5 years but the advice is
to replant). The new bed currently has very healthy couch grass and
moribund strawberries. Is it reasonable to assume that if strawberries
have not started to shoot they are probably dead? I am tempted to dig
the whole bed over , get rid of the couch grass (for a time - it is
endemic) replant any strawberries that seem OK and infill with new plants.
What do you all think ?

Thanks

Paul (West London)

Strawberry Bed nellie United Kingdom 3 25-02-2009 09:49 AM
Looking for a Strawberry Planter made of wood and.. SteveSch Gardening 0 05-05-2006 04:14 PM
all pathetic diets to the weak river were looking near the wide cave Horny Fat Pothead United Kingdom 0 23-07-2005 10:39 AM
looking for strawberry plants DM Texas 6 12-05-2005 07:39 AM
4 bed rotation to 3 bed removing brassicas for space? Broadback United Kingdom 1 16-03-2005 06:52 AM